layout

9/28/2009

Mt. Washmore

Do you ever get around to folding the laundry and wonder what on earth your children have been wearing for the last week?? I can't believe they have any clothes left in the closet. I'm constantly telling Dustin that I would be a happier woman if we decided to become nudists.

So that's where I've been -- buried under a never-ending pile of laundry, driving 4 different car pools, school stuff, speech, soccer, dance, two different preschools, play dates, dates with friends, planning birthdays/holidays, cleaning, the gym, feeding people, reading, FHE/family scriptures/family prayers, trying to squeeze in some adult time, baking. . . add in a husband who traveled pretty much every week in August and September and if he was in town spent it at Church meetings, YM camp outs, mutual. . . and a baby, who may be super adorable and easy going, but still demands a lot of time. . .

And I know you all understand because you're all in the exact same spot and sometimes just buried under it all.

The only pictures I've taken in two weeks are from Nate's soccer game. But since every post needs a picture. . .

12 comments:

mystery boo papa said...

well, it will keep you young or make you old. or both, uh. nate, what a soccer whiz. just look at him preparing a powerful left-footed kick into the goal...

Janel said...

Well......yes! If it makes you feel better, at least your wash is being washed and folded, I had to dig clothes for Cade out of an still-packed suitcase this morning. Oh, and that suitcase was from labor day weekend. In my defense, he ripped 2 pairs of shorts and suddenly grew out of his other 2 pairs of jeans last night. Stuff like that makes super fun mornings, though :D

GO NATE!!

Michelle said...

I love Nate -- he is so stinking adorable I can hardly look at him without wanting to hug him!

A big smack to Nate! Granma

Danika said...

Amen sister...sounds like the story of my life! My mom always asks what "fun stuff" we're doing...ummmmm laundry? grocery shopping? do those count?

Love the soccer shorts down to the ankles!

Lara Neves said...

Yep. Life is crazy, and I think September really takes it out of us especially because we are (well, I am) still trying to find the rhythm of everything.

Kathleen said...

i could eat him right now. maybe you should roll the shorts up a little bit?

Kathleen said...

i forgot a favorite part about this picture, every single kid running toward the same ball.

Amy F. said...

Cute pic! And I'm tired just reading your post... oh, newborns. Love 'em, but, man, they are exhausting!
I can't quite relate yet to where you are, so no empathy here, just sympathy, he he.

Lisa Brown said...

I feel buried and overwhelmed, and i have 2 less children than you. And I also wish there was someway to make the laundry disappear. I remember watching that show that used to be on, Dharma and Greg - she used to send their laundry to a place called "Fluff and Fold." It sounded like a laundry fairy . . . now wouldn't that be nice?

Meredith said...

My favorite part of soccer at that age is the shorts that come to their ankles. How huge do they think these kids are?? Caroline is still wearing the shorts issued her U4 year. She is U7 now. An XXS still works on her and the YS are mid calf. It is so dumb.

Nicole said...

I have a VERY bad habit of not doing the laundry all week and then on sat. we have nothing to wear, so I spend ALL sat. ( AND I MEAN ALL OF SAT ) doing laundry.... not fun! Ive gotta get better about doing little bits throughout the week!

Unknown said...

Ha! The shorts are cracking me up!