layout

9/15/2009

Somtimes I'm fun


My kids refuse to eat an apple if it has a brown spot anywhere on it. I can't blame them, because I'm the same way. At the same time, I hate to see them go to waste but I'm waaaaay to lazy to actually cut the spots out.

Unfortunately my brain works this way: Too lazy to cut up apples? Let's make a HUGE mess instead.

I got out our melon baller and balled around the brown spots. Then I melted some chocolate and got out some sprinkles for dipping and the let the kids have at it.
Good bye healthy snack, helllllooooo dirty PJs. I thought it would be cute to put lolli-pop sticks in them and have them as snacks when friends are over. And of course, I had strawberries and caramel cookies dipped in chocolate as my snack. So I should also add, helloooo chubby tummy.

And just a cute little picture from last night. I put Nate to bed first (trying to console him after I popped his balloon because he would not stop playing with it during prayer -- yeah, I wasn't so fun lat night, but I digress) and then went to tuck in Ellie when I found her snuggling with Luke.
Look at my cuties. I just can't get enough of those sweet pink cheeks and those gorgeous brown eyes. See those eyelashes? Could he be any more adorable? Let's all just oooh and aaah over my baby for a minute more. I just love his chubby little baby legs and feet. I think I could eat him or at least squeeze him for a good solid hour or two. However, he appeared to be happy where he was at, so I decided to smother him with kisses another time. Which was exactly 5 minutes later.

17 comments:

Casey said...

He is soooooo cute Maddy!!!!! I'm still tring to pinpoint which one he looks like. He's a mixture of all your kids I think. I seem to see Sadie the most but maybe that's because she still has her cute babyface.

Kathleen said...

what an adorable baby boy! that is a precious picture with ellie! i'm glad you're back to frequent blogging so we don't miss out on these parenting moments. i love you and those kiddos. poor ellie had to miss it:(

Arlene said...

Hey Maddy! I loved that you posted this on that blog you neveah look at. He is so cute and now I want chocolate covered apples! :)

You should have left it on there!

Amber said...

Okay, he is the cutest baby ever! All your kids have the prettiest skin color! I am totally seeing Ellie right now in him, but he is definatley a great mixture. So cute!

Steve and Sarah said...

I definetly agree Luke is so cute! What a fun mom you are! apples and chocolate! Sounds good to me.

Rach said...

Your baby is so handsome!! And chocolate covered apples with sprinkles sound really good.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh -- there is just so much love in those kids! I want to hug them and kiss them all! I love you all! Granma

Mamacita said...

You know your kids are going to want chocolate and apples all the time right?

Luke is ADORABLE!! He's always wrapped so tightly at church.

Meredith said...

Yes, he is just so dreamy! I could maybe stand to have a boy like Luke or Zac - so handsome!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh all of this is so adorable. YOu are easily the coolest mom on the block. Luke is SO CUTE. but I do have to admit, my favorite thing is that Nate seems to be wearing Christmas pajamas. SO something I would have done (and probably still would....if my mom would be cool and buy me festive sleepwear HAHAHAHA). I agree with Kathleen, it is wonderful you're black to frequent blogging!! LOVE IT!

-Ashley S.

Amy F. said...

That's so sweet. I could just eat up Luke too!
Speaking of eating... I like this dipping in chocolate idea. Mmmm!

Lisa said...

well he is adorable!!!

Unknown said...

You are so brave to let them do that in their pjs! I know what you are saying about the brown spots, though. We are the same way with bananas. How can I expect them to eat bruised bananas when they make me want to vomit in my mouth!

Lisa Brown said...

That sounds like such a fun snack! I will have to do it with my kids sometime :). And Luke is so cute!!

Chelsea said...

He is way adorable. Best skin color on your kids. My poor children have to be afraid of frying if they step outside on an even slightly sunny day.

Rickie said...

That is an adorable picture of Luke, he is beautiful!!!!!! I love the one of Ellie cuddling with him. And as for the apple-ball-pops, you are too clever. By the way, how did your carmel topping come out?

laura said...

freaking adorable - i love that picture of them snuggling down. so sweet!

love your messy apple adventure. :)

miss you!!