layout

11/10/2011

Bucket List

Do you have a Bucket List? You know I do!! And since I love lists, I actually have TWO Bucket Lists. One is a Lifetime List and one is a Birthday Bucket List.

It started off the year I was going to turn 30. I thought it would be fun to have a 30 Things to do Before Turning 30 List. It was not to be. I don't think I accomplished half of them. I don't even think I came up with 30 things.

So last year right after my birthday I came up with a list of 32 things I wanted to do during the year before my birthday. I admit, I totally cheated and put a few things on here that I already KNEW I was going to do, but they were goals I set for myself so they got to be on the list. And so here is my list (everything in bold is a goal I never met in case you're a frienemey and take glee in my failure):

1. run Ragnar -- FEB
2. touch raw chicken -- MAR
3. bake bread from scratch -- MAR
4. find the best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe
(I had great plans for a Chocolate Chip Cookie bake-off that never came to fruition -- this one goes back on the list for next year)
5. go camping -- JUNE
6. see a Musical (wicked and mamma mia) -- JAN/MAY
7. read 50 books
(I only read 40)
8. trapeze -- MAY
9. girls weekend -- JAN/APR
10. take my kids to the zoo, because I hate the zoo -- MAR
11. Leave the country -- JAN
12. finish the B of M -- twice
13. Memorize the 13 Articles of Faith -- OCT
14. Have people over for Sunday dinner more -- Break the Fast with the Youth
15. Get my family to run a half marathon
16. Go to the temple 12 times -- check
17. make my blog into a book

(I turned this one over to my sister -- she failed)
18. Make orange rolls -- FEB
19. volunteer for a community project
(I suck, I didn't even do this! Can I count school stuff?? Art Masterpiece??)
20. Take my family on a vacation -- just the 6 of us -- OCT
21. Hang out on the beach -- JULY
22. Teach Nate to ride his bike
(I am currently hiring this out -- any takers?)
23. Make a new friend -- check
24. Take the kids on the Polar Express -- DEC
25. Cook our own turkey -- NOV
26. Organize my own race -- NOV
27. See my sister more -- March, April, July, Oct
28. Host a cooking challenge -- Jan & July
29. Send more packages/mail

(epic fail)
30. Read Harry Potter 1 with my kids
(does watching the movie count?)
31. Go on a one-on-one date with each of my kids
(I spend lots of one on one time with them, but we never got out on our dates)
32. Make jam -- MAY

I guess I still have a few more weeks to accomplish a few of these. Sadie and I had our date yesterday! And I'm now accepting goals for year 33!

8 comments:

Anita said...

I get tired just looking at your list. Holy Cow!! What a great idea...although I may just want to do 8 (3+5=8)things before I turn 35. It gets harder as you get older:)

Danika said...

I was going to comment and tell you which of those things I've accomplished, but it was embarrassing how little I have done, so I won't. You're amazing!

And school volunteering definitely counts as community service! And if you don't want to count Art Masterpiece, you can be in charge of Harkins summer movies next spring if you really want to have some fun! :)

Lara Neves said...

I have the best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe in my possession. I'll even send it to you, and though it isn't a bake off, you can say you have found it. :)

I love the idea of a bucket list. I have monthly ones. My November list currently has NOTHING checked off. I am goign to have to work hard here in the next couple weeks. Maybe for my December list I'll put "make a year bucket list..." We'll see.

Loved your list, especially about touching raw chicken. Way to face your fears!

Rickie said...

You are amazing!!! These are all great goals, I can't believe everything you have accomplished. And the BOM twice...wow! But whatever are you going to do when you are 50? We will have to start getting really clever. Thanks for being such a good example.

Anonymous said...

If Nate is like his father, try bribery.
It took bribery (a transformer) to get Dustin to learn to ride his bike.

Anonymous said...

Aunt B will update your Bucket List:
I received a Beautiful flower bouquet for my BIRTHDAY.
Dave and I received FABULOUS package of pictures for Christmas - Both of which are an "old persons DREAM" they count as COMMUNITY SERVICE and Mailing packages. You also made "and old person" happy when she spent BYU homecoming weekend with you in PROVO. So MUCH COMMUNITY service to OLD PEOPLE and I did not even work at it.
Now for the BEST EVER CHOCOLATE COOKIES! What about the cookies you made last time you were in IDAHO? BEST ever as far as "OLD PEOPLE " like me are concerned. I LOVE you Aunt "Beaney"

Annette | Bucket List Journey said...

I love that you have two lists, it's such a great idea (that I might have to steal).

My list is so HUGE that it does get overwhelming.

Lisa Brown said...

What a great list! And as for your blog book, use blurb.com - it is the best.