layout

11/20/2011

Magukas

Did you know that Luke has a nickname? Courtesy of the Queen of Nicknames herself, my sister: Kathleen Lola Beebee Little Beans Skinner. She is only person in the universe who calls him Lukas Magukas, but I have a feeling it may catch on one day.
Lukas Magukas is a very opinionated child. Do not cross him. He will cut you. Luke will never actually like you. He will tolerate you if you are lucky. In order to help you accomplish the feat of becoming "tolerable", here is a list of things to NEVER do to Luke:
  • Take away his iPhone. Oh wait, that's mine that he's taken over to watch Spanish YouTube videos of "Cars Two."
  • Try to take a bite of any food he will be eating. He does not share.
  • Talk to him at Church. He will scream and then *I* will cut you.
  • Watch anything on the TV other than Pocoyo.
  • Forbid him from riding around the neighborhood alone on the pink Barbie scooter that he stole from Sadie.
  • Try to give him a high five at the store.
  • Tell him, "No," try to put him to bed, change his diaper, take him shopping . . .
Luke does like some people. Namely, me. The other day I considered taking a restraining order out against him because he was getting a littler stalker-ish. My kids all have that tendency at times. He does have one really good friend that he loves playing with: Asa.Asa and Luke are 4 days apart and destined to be best friends. They teethed at the same time and learned to walk together. And finally they agreed that their moms weren't just making this "best friend" stuff up -- they really do like each other.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

There are so many things about this post that cracked me up!

First off Magukas is a super nick name and I apparently use it so much my phone's autocorrect is obsessed with it.

Second, yes, he only tolerates people!! High five him in a store? I guess I'll resist the urge from now on?! All the cutting you references. This post was golden.

Lisa Brown said...

He's so cute, I am sure he screams a lot at church because of lots of people trying to talk to him :).