layout

11/03/2011

Halloween

I can't even come up with a descriptive word for Halloween this year (because I was dying). I don't really remember much of anything except insisting on doing Sadie's hair. OK, I lied I remember one other tidbit. I had a basket in my room that contained everyone's Halloween costume and accessories. Saturday night Dustin grabbed the basket and got everyone ready for the Ward Party. Easy as pie.
Fast forward to Monday night. NO costumes could be found. The basket is full of glow sticks and plastic wrappers. We found Nate's shirt with hot chocolate spilled all over it. Sadie's costumes from Thursday and Saturday were both filthy with food stains and Luke was refusing to be a Cowboy. I felt like going to sleep and never waking up again. Oh yeah, and Nate's glasses were missing, so we cut up those cheap glasses that have the nose and mustaches attached. Halloween Night was off to a good start.

We still managed to get the kids out the door by 6 and ready to trick-or-treat (most likely only because our sweet Relief Society President brought us dinner including homemade rolls which my children gobbled up). Unfortunately for YOU, my energy levels were low so I took a shamefully small amount of pictures. Also for Ellie's hair because it did not get put in the sock bun curl the night before as planned, which would have totally rocked the Hermione hair.
Luke ended up being a BYU football player because he owns a jersey and it when everyone is spazzing out (me! Just me! I'm the only one who was spazzing out), it's good to go with whatever will make everyone happy. Plus he got to carry a football. Win-win-win (source that quote)! Since this costume was not pre-planned, he ended up in 3 shades of navy in my mad dash to get him dressed. I think the fever was making me delusional. Dustin gets mad props for coming up with putting the black under his eyes to make it look like we put *some* effort in there.
The kids had a fun trick-or-treating?? I'm assuming? The pictures looked fun and they seemed happy. Luke learned to say "Trick-or-Treat," "Happy Halloween," and "I'm a Football Player," so he was already more verbose than any of the children that came to our door. I'm giving them (and their parents) the benefit of the doubt and blaming the fact that they all forgot to say Trick-or-Treat and instead shoved their baskets in my face on the fact that I looked and sounded so scary (being sick is a totally rad costume).

Every year I think my kids are going to get bored of just doing the 2 streets in our neighborhood and EVERY year they come home with their bags stuffed full. They were only gone an hour! Really? You don't want to go get more candy?? Nope. Our neighborhood is really generous. Thanks a lot neighbors.As you can see, Nate was REALLY done. I'll have to ask him what curse he is putting on us. Ellie wanted to go to the Martin's Haunted House (I'm assuming more to see everybody than actually go through it), so Dustin took the GIRLS and the wimpy boys stayed home with me. I then made Nate pass out all the candy (while I moaned, "Don't forget to make them say Trick-or-Treat) which he really enjoyed and I can't remember the rest. We have lots of candy. The end.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm dying. You didn't tell me half these stories! And I had no clue about the Harry potter glasses. They worked really well! And hermione has terrible hair, so the sock bun curls would have been inauthentic. I love that they filled the basket with trash! Cannot. Stop. Laughing.

Kristine Hodson said...

I love the pictures. The costumes are fabulous.
You are the best? LoveBeaney