layout

10/31/2012

All Hallow's Eve

For Halloween we thought we'd try and go with a theme this year.  What started out as Super Heroes, slowly morphed into a Batman theme for 4 of us and Avengers for the other 2.  Dustin and I dressed up as Batman and Cat Woman while Sadie was Bat Girl and Ellie was Poison Ivy.

 You can't actually buy a Poison Ivy costume, so we took a Tinkerbell (adult size to keep it un-skankalicious) and gussied it up a little bit.  I thought she did a great job.

Nate was Hawk Eye (I feel so guilty because I didn't have time to take a picture of Nate all alone -- but he kind of monopolized the blog this month by having a birthday so it works out anyway) and Luke was Iron Man. Or was he.  About half an hour before the party started he decided he wanted to be a Cowboy.  Technically he was only in his underwear, so the kids were teasing that he was the Naked Cowboy (ran into him in NYC with my parents 3 years ago).  The kicker was, he was suppose to be a cowboy LAST year, but refused to wear it and ended up being a football player at the last minute.


Nate was distraught that he was going to be the only Avenger, but wait! Good News!  Luke ended up changing his mind after we took his pictures. The pictures which started off so promising


But quickly morphed into craziness



Halloween Night we had a little potluck party for our street. I love our street even if there aren't very many kids.  The older couples are so amazing to them and spoil them rotten.  And since the Mormons supply a majority of the kids on our street, we get away with looking like a crowd since 3 of us supply 12.

My kids are officially old enough and our neighborhood small enough that I went trick-or-treating with just Luke and the rest of the toddlers.  I should be sad but it was actually really fun because they were all so cute and excited about every door.  "More Trick-or-Treat!!"

Dustin and the Tylers took the kids into the Martin's Haunted House and all of them came out crying except for Ellie and Brody.  Awesome!!  We were all home by 8 which is probably way too early for the normal world, but we had been partying since noon, so it was a great time for us. 

 We watched a Halloween movie and sorted candy (Ellie's stash above).  And then we went to bed because Greatest Mom in the World made her kids go to school like normal people the next day.  Except I didn't make Ellie wash out her red hair because she loved it so much.

3 comments:

Danika said...

On Friday, Natalie came out of school and asked me if she could have a playdate with Sadie. I said, "Sadie who?" and she said, "you know, your friend's daughter Sadie!"
I told her if I survived Fall Festival we could! :)
And we'll definitely have to have them wear their matching pink superhero costumes! :)

Unknown said...

so cool!

Lisa Brown said...

So much fun! I loved catching up on your blog. And all your Novemeber thankfulness made me sad I didn't keep mine up for the month - This pregnancy has made me lose most of my motivation for anything :).