layout

4/21/2014

Easter

We played it real laid back for Easter this year. Before anyone feels too sorry for us, we wanted it that way. Dustin has been traveling extensively this year and missing most holidays and special events. That coupled with his church schedule means we barely see him. We were more than excited to have a day free of meetings and commitments.

It was for the best anyway. The day before we had just gotten back from camping and then gone straight out for the night to celebrate a friend's birthday. I woke up to a pile of laundry, a mess the kids had made the night before and an upset stomach.
I got everyone dressed in their Easter finest and pulled on some clothes because I really wanted to hear the kids sing in Sacrament Meeting and Sadie wanted me to come for her talk. I keep thinking every year will be the last year the kids will let me make them match, and every year no one says a word.

At church, I made Dustin take Nate up front with him so I wouldn't have to wrestle all four kids.
Managed to make it through the first hour and Sadie's talk, but before the second hour was up, Sadie was fevery and had an upset stomach too. We headed home to put on some PJs and take a nap before a neighbor brought the rest of the kids home. They were full of sugar and energy!

Dustin got home around 2 and I got out of bed to put together Easter baskets (water bottles, flip flops, a few books and swimsuits -- I was so proud of how light I went this year) and hide eggs. We introduced the golden egg filled with dollar bills this year. Those were kind of fun. Please note that there are no pictures. I was that sick. In fact I'm still in bed as I type this.

We doubled up on Easter dinner and Ellie's birthday dinner since Dustin will be out of town for that. She requested square steak (a Mangum family specialty) and potatoes. One of the books I bought the kids was Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake so Dustin even made a spur of the moment chocolate cake for dessert. It was actually a beautiful day, I just wish I hadn't been  so darn sick.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

Just got caught up on your blog. So sorry you were sick for Easter!