layout

1/19/2007

Sadie is here


Sadie finally arrived on Thursday -- I can't decide if she came a day late (after her due date) or a date too early (a day before I would have been at the hospital comfortably hooked up to an epidural before I felt any contractions).

Nate was up all night on Wednesday. About 3 I went in to check on him and discovered he was burning up. After giving him some medicine, and listening to him whimper in his crib, I decided to put him in bed with me. The second we laid down (about 3:30) I felt my first contraction. 2 contractions later, I knew it was the real deal and we got ready to leave. My girlfriend showed up to sleep at our house, Dustin ran a few red left turn arrows and we were up in the delivery room by 4:30 am.

I guess being half way to delivery has it's downfall because by 4:45 they informed me I wouldn't have time to get an epidural. So with the help of the world's best labor and delivery nurse, I did it au natural. I still can't believe I did it. I know women have been doing for thousands of years, but I think it's a little over rated. :) Sadie was born at 5:12 in the morning.

Anyway, I'll update more later. Ciao!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Maddy, She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love her name too. Congratulations to you and your family. Congrats on the natural labor too. ;)

Unknown said...

I've *just* put your Birkenstocks and hemp skirt in the mail....

Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

soooooooooooooooooo happy she's here Maddy! Huge congrats!

Anonymous said...

congrats and she is beautiful!!!

lisa

Kerry said...

Can I just tell you how giddy I am that she is here??? She is beautiful.

I can't believe how QUICKLY everything went! Holy cow! And I bow to thee... no epidural. Whoa.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

congratulations, maddy and family! sadie is just beautiful! so happy for you! :) :)

Anonymous said...

QUOTE: I've *just* put your Birkenstocks and hemp skirt in the mail....

Snort, love it. Congrats, Maddy, she's beautiful (yes, I'm a little late making it to the blog).