layout

12/05/2007


It's amazing how the little things can make you so happy. For instance, these knee socks. I love little girls in knee socks but Ellie has been protesting them all year. It's a small miracle that I convinced her they were cool because we all know that girl is stubborn!

So yesterday I talk her into wearing them and I ask her which skirts she wants to wear with them. She looks at all of them and asks, "Which is the shortest?" Turns out that Ellie thinks if you wear long socks, you have to wear a short skirt. Luckily the high today is going to be 77. In December.

This morning she wakes up all cranky because she had a "really really bad dream. Tayler and Hannah had holes in the their teeth and they were HUUUUUGE." The nightmares of little girls I guess. So she's cranky, just like her mamma, she is not a morning person, and she can't decide what kind of hair do she wants. She's pouting and Nate's hollering at me, "I want somethingIcan'tunderstand." So I ask him to repeat it a few times until I finally get, "I.WANT.BRAIDS!" Ah ha! I guess Nate was tired of no one making a decision and made one for us. He also picked out Ellie's red shoes.

You can also see Ellie's cute Gingerbread coloring. She's taking a Gingerbread Village class where they are making a little village out of wooden blocks, but it has to stay at the class until it is done. I can't wait to see how cute it turns out!

14 comments:

Ammon said...

Those knee socks are adorable, just like Ellie! For someone who's not a morning person, she sure gave the camera a pretty smile!

Lara Neves said...

She looks so cute! When we lived in AZ Bria went to a charter and wore uniforms for Kindergarten. I LOVED it...and I commonly made her wear knee socks, but she rolled them down. Oh well.

What I really miss is that there is no fight in the morning with uniforms.

Holly said...

Super cute! I love the knee socks! How funny that she wanted to wear the shortest skirt with them!

Chelsea said...

Is Nate going to be a stylist on "What not to wear" or something when he gets older?! I love it. Send him over here in the a.m.'s to help me decide what to wear!

Love the knee socks!!

Molly said...

Very cute! I'm glad she finally gave in, that is a great style on her!

Meredith said...

I saw her today when I took Brandon to school and dropped off in the back...I was so excited to see you had won the knee-sock victory - Lindsay loves hers!!!

The Bullocks said...

Ellie and Bailee sound so much alike. it kills me that I can't choose out her clothes for her. I never dare to buy anything for her unless she's with me. and oh the hair drama we have here.
Ellie is adorable though. good luck getting ready tomorrow. Katie

Nicole said...

Maddy, I heard that woman(probably girls too) have dreams about teeth often. I always dream that my teeth are falling out and I have to push them back into my gums!!! I don't remember what they said it ment but it's nice to know it's a woman thing!!!

Laurel and Trev said...

She looks like such a little lady...such a beautiful girl.

Holly said...

I tagged you:0) Had to get you back at some point! Check my blog for the info!

Lisa Brown said...

I wish I had Nate over hear to help Lily. She just cannot get moving in the morning - she wakes up happy, but as slow as a turtle and so indecisive.

PS. I love the knee socks too!

Lisa said...

knee socks rock!

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for Nate! ;)

Amy F. said...

Maddie, that is too cute! Oh yeah, and red shoes are SO in right now! Got love little Nate. That reminds when I observed my older sisters going off to school. Well, one day I wanted to help my Mom drive them to school, so, yeah, I got in the minivan, pulled down on that knobby thing and the car started rolling back right into the garage door. Now I know Nate would never do that (right?)!