layout

12/12/2007

You know how sometimes you're just so behind and you have so many things to say that you just keep procrastinating? That's me today. I have been doing so many fun things and have so many great things to share, but no energy to upload the pictures and type it all out. So I'll just do the TAG Holly gave me.

5 things I was doing 10 years ago
.

1. I graduated from High School in Austria
2. I started my freshman year at BYU
3. I lived in Heritage Halls -- an interesting choice for a person who can't cook. Good think I like toast and quesadillas.
4. I had a boy friend who I was sure I was going to marry. HA HA! He went on a mission and I got married before he even came home.
5. I spent that Christmas in Virginia -- in a house I had never been in before and with no one I knew around. Isn't that sad? Luckily I had some friends from college there to keep me company.

5 things on my to do list today.
1.Go to the Temple with Molly -- CHECK
we went to the 5:3o session which explains #2
2.Nap while Nate is at Boy School -- CHECK
3. Take Nate and Sadie Christmas shopping for Dustin -- CHECK
4. Pick girls up from school, homework with Ellie and then to piano -- CHECK
5. Fold 3 loads of laundry while watching Harry Potter tonight -- hopefully I can stay awake

5 Snacks I enjoy.
1. Dried mangoes from Trader Joe's. Nate and I just finished off a pack ourselves.
2. Cookies -- they HAVE to be warm, and with milk
3. Skinny Cows
4. toast
5. the kid's fruit snacks

5 Things I would do if I were a billionaire.
1. Trip around the world. I think I could easily fill up the list with places I want to visit and take my family to see.
2. I'd probably level my house and build a bigger one with a basement so there's be some room for a pool. I don't want to leave my neighborhood though.
3. Bigger car! Who needs to wait?
4. I'd probably spoil all my friends and family for Christmas
5. Vacation home and lots of girl trips!

5 Bad Habits.
1. Stressing people out
2. Whining about my weight
3. I don't like to call people to schedule appointments or things so I always procrastinate or make Dustin do it
4. Obsessing
5. Losing my temper

5 Places I have lived.
1. Seoul, Korea
2. Vienna, Austria
3. Pacific Grove, California
4. Chicago, Illinois
5. Aloha, Oregon
I thought I'd skip the obvious ones

5 Job that I have had.
1. Babysitter
2. State Department
3. Telemarketer -- gotta love Provo, they're everywhere and the pay so well
4. 4th grade teacher
5. Mommy

5 things you may not know about me.
I don't know if there is anything people don't know about me, but I'll try
1. I can actually cook really good meatballs
2. I can play the piano -- but I never practice, so I'm not good on the spot
3. I hate socks. I am still wearing flip flops in December because I only own 4 pairs of socks
4. As spotless as I keep my house, right now my bathroom and closet are a disaster because. . . Sadie sleeps in our closet. She's almost 11 months old and she is still in a pack-in-play in our walk-in. In my defense, it has a little nook just for her and she loves how dark and quite it is in there. Nate slept in there from 6-16 months.
5. No one really called me Maddy until I was in High School. I decided that I wanted a nickname, so I did for about 7 years. In college, I decided that I was going to go back to my full name, but it never caught on. I keep thinking I'll do it every time we move. I wonder if I ever actually will?

8 comments:

Meredith said...

It took so long to start calling you Maddy after Madelyn for SOOO long! Do yous till have people call you Madelyn? Steve went by Sam until he went to college so his family and old friends still call him Sam. weird, huh? I think everyone would like a secluded nook/cave for their infants to sleep in...away from the crazy other kids running around!

Holly said...

You're such a good sport for doing the tag! The places you have lived are so much more interesting than mine! And...I have never heard you play the piano, in all these years! I did, however, notice you had one in your home when we were there visiting.
By the way...I told the girl I'm doing the "business" with (Amy) that I have one friend who (I think) will disown me if I don't spill the beans to her! Can you guess who that is??? It's really not a big deal, but just fun to tease! Maybe I'll tell you on your Christmas card? We'll see:0)

Lara Neves said...

Love reading these things. You are just such a Maddy to me, that I don't know if I could ever call you Madelyn. :)

Lisa said...

you went christmas shopping? (BIG GASP HERE) i thought you were all done!!!

Ammon said...

I didn't know you were an expat as a kid!
And, what IS your real name? I only know you as Maddy!

Anonymous said...

I know that I am completely disappointed to learn that you had NOT finished your Christmas shopping!! JK!
Madelyn and then that maiden name??? Nope, you'll always be Maddy to me!!
Kaelene

Maddy said...

Mer -- Yeah, my family still does a lot of the time, and Dustin always does.

Holly -- YES! It better be in my Christmas card!

Lisa -- *I'm* done, it's those slacker kids!

Lynette -- doesn't that explain why I am so jealous of your Chilean adventure?

Kaelene -- if I give you my SSN, you'll be set to go ;D

Lisa Brown said...

Don't feel bad about Sadie's sleeping arrangements :). We had Derek in the pack-n-play for a while, until the little stinker grew too big for it to soon, and the I had him on a makeshift bed in the corner of our room. Finally he got big enough for the toddler bed in Lily's room. I had always wished our closet had been big enough for it.

PS. My sister just built a new house with a "baby room" attached to the master. It is essentially a large closet, big enough for a crib and a rockingchair. So cool.