layout

12/13/2007

Last week's highlights


Just a few fun things since I last blogged

1. We read Christmas Jars for our book club this month and met last week. As usual, I am the only one who did not like this book. Anyone out in cyber space read this? I thought it was poorly written, took too long to get to the action, and once we got there, it wasn't even worth all the hype. Plus the ending! Oh my gosh that was so cheesey! So if you've read this book, weigh in! Am I just a Christmas book grinch?

2. Ward Christmas Party -- I have extra dreidels if anyone needs some. I know they're hard to find since I searched everywhere for those stinking things. It's a long story as to why I was in charge of a Jewish gambling game for our Christmas party, but it was still fun. Janel did all the music and it was beautiful. Ellie was at a Polar Express party so we only had 2 kids. Oh man, I forgot how easy it was to have 2 kids!

3. Trip to Prescott with some friends. I scrap with the most hilarious, crazy, fun girls. We get together once a month and December is our big Christmas one, which means we actually don't scrap at all. This year we went up to Lisa's house in Prescott and it SNOWED! I haven't seen snow in so long, but now that I've seen it once this year, I'm good. Michelle and Kaelene are missing form the picture because they headed home early, but I've got a cute one of Michelle that I'm saving for a later date. We shopped, took pictures, laughed, exchanged gifts and ornaments, ate, made little Christmas crafts. . . just a fun night all around.

4. I think all of the gifts are out of the house. Monday night we went out and delivered most of our neighbor gifts -- even though it was raining. We had to end a little early since the kids were drenched and cold, but they still had fun. I think it rained on us last year. Maybe we're cursed?

5. Since I was gone Wednesday morning, Dustin got Ellie ready for school. I didn't lay clothes out for him, but I figured he couldn't go wrong since she has to wear a uniform. How can you mess up red, white and blue? Yeahhhhh, this is what I found when I picked her up from school.

Hair -- undone. And how many layers is that? Honestly, I can't even begin to talk about what is wrong with this outfit. When I picked her up, her teacher was laughing about the ensemble and pointed out that Ellie is wearing every possible color allowed: red, white, khaki and navy.

I love my husband and I love that he was willing to pick up the slack in the morning so I could make it to the Temple, but I definitely learned a lesson.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

another chairman mao photo!! i love that picture of ellie i cannot stop cracking up!

Janel said...

I thought Ellie looked cool. In a haphazard sort of way. hehe.

The Tyler's said...

That is so funny, I saw Ellie playing outside yesterday, and thought, that outfit doesn't really look like her normal attire! I now know why!
Thanks again for the yummy poppy seed bread!

Lara Neves said...

My RS president gave us all a copy of Christmas Jars last year. I read it, and while I cried (not abnormal for me at all) I totally agree with you on the poorly written and cheesy fronts. Not the greatest book in the world, but the sentiment was nice.

Joel got Bria ready for Kindergarten most days when I was pregnant and throwing up my guts. She had a uniform too, but I was still surprised by how much that can go wrong. In his defense, he got pretty darn good at putting her hair up in a ponytail. :)

Chelsea said...

Love Ellie's outfit. I thought you let her dress her self! Sorry Dustin!! :)

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot stop laughing - I would definitely have known YOU had nothing to do with this outfit! At first I wondered if you let her pick her own clothes but then I remembered THAT would never happen!

Ammon said...

HILARIOUS! Absolutely hilarious. I can totally relate. I've seen Carly in some "creative" outfits that Ammon's picked out.

Lisa Brown said...

That reminds me a little of the times Kevin was in charge of getting Lily ready. Once he did attempt putting her hair in a ponytail, but it wasn't very successful :).

I am very picky about my Christmas books, so thanks for the heads-up. I am against anything that tries to force me to feel a certain way. Probably why I don't like The Forgotten Carols - sorry if I ofend any fans of the production by saying that, but it's true :).

Nicole said...

Ok, that is the funniest thing about what Dustin dressed Ellie in for school.
I remember once when Corbin was only a few months old James "tried" to dress him in a 12-18 month old T-shirt( and nothing else) for church!!! I just looked at him like are you kidding me!! Gotta love those Daddy outfits!!

Holly said...

Oh man...that gave me a good laugh! Dustin, Dustin, Dustin! What were you thinkin? At least Ellie looks happy!

Anonymous said...

You always impress me how you pretty much stay up on your blog - and still manage to dress the kids! Ha ha ha Thanks for helping, Dustin!
Kaelene

Casey said...

That is so funny about Ellie because I saw her in the Lamb's front yard and I thought maybe you had let her pick her own outfit. Too funny! Men!!

Kerry said...

That piture of Ellie is hysterical! Definitely page worthy!

And I have to agree with you about that book. :p

Unknown said...

We also read the Christmas Jars for our book club this month. I totally agree. In fact, I kinda re-wrote the book in my head and I think it would actually make a much better short story. I thought the character development was horrible too (along with the things you pointed out). Just because it's a Christmas Story doesn't mean it has to be cheesy and poorly written. Take The Gift of The Magi for instance: brilliant! Come on people ;D

Sorry for my venting.