layout

12/21/2007

These are a few of my favorite things. . .

Last night I went over to my friend Kerry's house to help her wrap her Christmas presents. I thought *I* was being the nice one, but instead I ended up feeling like I was on Oprah's "Favorite Things" show. Every time I turned around she was giving me more things to take home and then I'd pretend scream like I was on Oprah -- with lots of dramatic gasps thrown in for good. It went something like this. . .

Kerry: I have a Christmas present for you. . .
Kerry: I got you something for helping me wrap presents. . .
Kerry: Oh here, my kids hate these snacks, will yours eat them?
Kerry: Oh here, my mom gave me this mix and I don't like that flavor, do you?
Kerry: I just found 15 of that I bought on clearance for $2 last year. Do you want one?
Kerry: I have a shirt for Nate let me go get it. . .

I seriously ended up leaving her house with a box full of stuff. Which Ellie turned into a train for Nate

So in honor of my great friend Kerry, here are a few of my favorite things this morning.

Kids in pajamas!This morning was awesome because Ellie has no school! She slept in until about 8 and Nate and Sadie were so happy when she finally got up. They had a big old cuddle fest.

Nate's favorite thing right now is his race car ornament.It was a good compromise -- car for him, some glitter for me.

Sadie's new stocking. It arrived in the mail the other day and I love it! Ellie cried because she was a little jealous, but I think she'll get over it. It fits in with our stocking perfectly.

All my JOYs. Bonnie made us the cutest JOY blocks for us -- the red and white ones -- and when she dropped them off, she mentioned that we already had a few and she should have thought of a better word. But I LOVE them. I love all of them. They are all gifts from different people, they all have different spots in our house, and can you really ever have *too* much joy? I think not!

Also, please note the picture in the red album! That's our Christmas card album where we keep all our friend's old pictures and letters. . .but I've never changed the front picture out. I am so LAME!

Advent Calendars.
Can you ever have too many ways to count down to Christmas? Not in our house! We have four. One is our advent tree . I made them with Tasha and Molly one year and they are stuffed with spiritual things to do each day to Christmas. The one above was a Christmas gift from Michelle. She always goes above and beyond! It has fun things to do. Then Nate has 2 paper chains -- one we made at Boy School and one we made at the neighborhood playgroup when it was at my house on Monday. The last one is suppose to be books under our tree. I stole the idea from Molly where you unwrap a Christmas book to read each night, but *someone* got to them. Can you guess who?
My new Christmas decoration. Kerry made it for me. It was one of my "Oprah's Favorite Things" gifts. She also got me a Nativity Bracelet. I've never seen one before. It's the worst picture, but can see what some of the stuff is? There's an angel, a baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph. . . anyway, I LOVE IT!

Christmas Cards! I actually just threw that in for Chelsea because I'm mean that way ;p. Just kidding! One of my favorite things is my friends and family. I love you all!

And of course the Savior. As everyone is getting ready for last minute Christmas things, I hope we can all find some time to reflect on the greatest gift and really remember to focus on what is most important.

OK, I'm trying to find a picture of Christ, but my sister keeps calling and insisting I talk to her. So later hopefully!

Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Love all your favorite things! I'm glad I'm not the only one that tapes up all the cards I get (I do it on our coat closet door)...Joel makes fun of me, but I love to look at them!

Meredith said...

Love your list!!! You really are the Queen of Christmas. You know, Molly stole the book idea from ME and I stole it from my friend Kim. My garland of Christmas cards is filling up...it is turning out to be a cute idea! Didn't you come over the night it was falling down because I had not figured out the best way to hang it yet? I have past christmas letters and cards stuffed into a box. An album would be fun!

Chelsea said...

Rub it in all you want my friend!! :) Perhaps I am just jealous I don't have as many friends as you and don't have enough this year to cover a whole wall. So I was trying to give you 1 less so you would have 1 blank space. Bahumbug!:) You crack me up! I love your fav's list. My fav: Sadie sucking her thumb... :)

Chelsea said...

OH ya...LOVE Angie by the way. SHe used to live in Utah across the street from my AUnt and Uncle and so she was my "friend" I had up there. I adore her family. I was fired up when they moved to az, but then we see eachother less now! Funny how that happens huh!

Holly said...

Love your album idea! I keep all my pictures and cards in a drawer upstairs, but they always seem to be scattered everywhere! I may make a stop at the store to pick one up...such a great idea!!!

Ammon said...

You really are the Christmas Queen! And, I had a good chuckle about Ellie "sleeping in" 'til 8! That's not sleeping in, that's early in my house!

Kerry said...

Hey wait, aren't those Matthew's old Spiderman jammie bottoms too? ;)

Thanks again for helping this exhausted/emotional/stressed out "single" parent out with some Christmas preparation this year.

I love your cards!! They look so pretty with the Jingle sign! I bet it looks really pretty in real life!

I still love that baby Jesus glass bead on the bracelet. I can't look at it without squealing! :)

Merry Christmas!! Almost!

Lisa Brown said...

Okay, that bracelet has got to be the cutest thing ever!!! I love it! And you're right, you can never have too much joy in your house ;).