layout

3/19/2008

Boring

No -- we're not boring, this is just a boring entry. We've actually been having a lot of fun hanging out with all of our friends. I usually whine to Dustin that we never go anywhere, everyone else does so many more fun things than we do. . . boo hoo hoo. So last week he pops out of the office and tells me he thinks we should go to San Diego for our last week of break -- Sea World, Legoland, the zoo, the beach . . . Now usually I would be so excited but I have to admit I wasn't ready to commit. After all I spent a week making plans for staying home! I had Easter dresses for the girls to wear, baptisms, Easter egg hunts, play dates, the totally AWESOME EQ FHE on Monday night. . . So we stayed home and Dustin had to work :( Dustin just wanted it noted that it was me who bailed on Sea World etc.

Plus, honestly, I am a planner and last minute stuff usually stresses me out. Right before we leave for any trip I start freaking out about cleaning the house and getting everyone packed, airport/car bags ready, worrying if the kids will sleep and wondering why we just don't stay home. Basically, last minute trips just mean I don't get any of the fun anticipation.

So would you have gone or stayed? Tell the truth!

And also I did change the order of my links -- but there is still an alphabetical order to them. Didn't want anyone to be offended, like Molly ;p. A couple of people had asked me how I knew everyone on my links, so I thought it would be fun to link them according to how I first met them. Just because you're in one group, doesn't mean you don't fall into various others!

14 comments:

Ammon said...

Honestly, I wouldn't have gone either. I'd stress too much and feel too overwhelmed to take on a trip like that at the last minute. I love that you're taking it easy... it makes me feel better! :P

Lara Neves said...

I have a hard time dropping everything and leaving too, much as I'd like too, but my reasons are usually financial.

If I don't have major responsibilities and if I had tons of money to blow, I would go. Otherwise, I stay home. (Which is always, since when do we have money?)

Kathleen said...

i would have gone in a heart beat!! LOSER

Casey said...

I too would have stayed home! We're nerds! I am way too much of a control freak to do something like that at the last minute!

Kathleen said...

p.s. i know you said you alphabetized the links or whatever but i am honestly offended i am second to last. i feel that as sister and the person who shares the most dna with you i should be on top regardless of alphabetical formalities. i feel that there should be a super screening process for people who really are just more awesome than other people. not that your friends aren't awesome, just that they clearly are not lucky enough to be BLOOD related to you.

Chelsea said...

Hey Fabo Friend! :) It's because I gave you .37 cents huh! :)

I wish I would be spontaneous and do fun things like that. Here it has been easier, and we have done fun quick trips, but it's been financially different here than in C-town. We were SOO boring in Az our whole lives because I was always doing the exact math of things. Here I look forward to the quick trips because that's the only fun we do now that we aren't near the fam.
But hey...it's Thursday am, you could still go and be back by Sunday for church. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!!! :) Or you could go to San Antonio's Seaworld. It's cheaper than the San Diego one. We were actually talking about driving up there this weekend. How bout a date?!! I'll buy the fish for the dolphins if you meet us there!

And about Cody's shorts....YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE!! :)

Kaelene said...

I have to say . . . I would have wanted to stay home, too! Half the fun, for me, of a trip is in the planning and, more importantly, the anticipation of getting the HECK out of Dodge! But, alas, my husband is totally a "spur of the moment" guy . . . one day we will make it work out!

Anonymous said...

i would have gone to san diego! are you kidding? whose kid are you anyway! love you, mom

Mamacita said...

That's so funny! We just took a last minute trip to meet our new nephew in LA. Hotel last minute, skip work, even Disney at the last minute. Long story short. I'm not spontaneous and the hotel was horrible, but we had a fabulous time!

Lisa Brown said...

I would probably have changed my mind a few times, but stayed home and took a rain check. I am like you - most of my fun comes from the planning and anticipation. I am not a last minute girl, unless of course it was a road trip in college. Then I would leave with a minutes notice :).

Meredith said...

If you would have left, what would I have done? I mean, you can only hang out with the most special people when your daughter has super high fevers with mystery rashes!!! Not everyone would welcome THAT play date!

Holly said...

Our most memorable trips have been "last minute"! Once we just up and left for Wyoming with about 1/2 days notice...and it was my favorite trip we've taken as a family. I would've gone in a heartbeat!!!

Rickie said...

Hi Maddy,
Such a cute blog!! I did figure out how to link you to mine. Anyways, this is way after the fact, but i would have stayed. The last minute trips are very stressful for me. I probably would have gotten there and realized I forgot sunscreen, swim-suits and everything else we would need.
Plus, playdates are so much fun!! Just plan on disneyland in the fall...hint, hint.
Rickie

Lisa said...

well we just got back from california yesterday. we decided to go tuesday night and left wednesday! i am just the opposite. i live for spur of the moment. takes all the stress away of planning for weeks or months.