layout

3/11/2008

Lazy days

So no pictures because I am in low-key mode. It's Spring Break so I let Ellie and Nate have sleep overs every night. The only place for Nate to sleep in Ellie's room is Sadie's crib, which she still doesn't sleep in. It has been working out really well though, because Nate STILL cannot figure out how to get out of a crib. He is also the early riser in the house, but since he's stuck in the crib, he doesn't get up until Ellie wakes up. I have slept in until 7:3o for 3 days in a row!

And since Dustin had been back in Iowa with his parents, he took Monday off to spend time with the kids. I took a two hour nap yesterday! OK, I'll stop rubbing it in. But I should mention that Nate got strep throat last week, which meant he didn't sleep at all for a few nights, so I needed some catching up.

So one night last week I was chatting on the phone and Ellie was on the couch writing notes. I got up to get Sadie a sippy cup of milk and when I went back to sit down, Ellie moved right under me so that I sat on her. The next thing I know she is SCREAMING. I look down and the lead from the pencil has broken off and is stuck in her hand. Hang up the phone and pull the lead out, followed by gushing blood and more crying. . . Anyway, it wasn't pretty. When everyone was settled down, I looked at the note she had written:

Dear Mom,
I love you everie day becaus you are a grate mom.

There she had been, writing me such a sweet note, and then I sat on her. Great mom that I am. She has forgiven me luckily.

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

Poor Ellie! That is such a sweet note. You are a good mom. At least you are tiny and only broke her pencil. It could have been worse....
I hear ya on lazy days. It's 1:40 and I have yet to get out of my pj's! Oh wait...that's normal. :) Cody stayed home for a few hours this am to work from here and I took full advantage of it and didn't get my behind out of bed till 9!!! That hasn't happened in YEARS! Maybe since highschool??!! But we had the stupid time change this weekend so our bodies are all off and really it only felt like 8. But still...an extra 2 hours without kids! So usually I would be jealous of your sleeping in and nap, but today, I shall be happy with you!
ps...I am back on my blog :) And I am sad you can't see my heart. It was so little and cute!

Ammon said...

Poor Ellie! I bet a Barbie Band-Aid made it all better! Hope you enjoy more lazy days!

Michelle said...

that's IT! I'm calling CPS!

The Tyler's said...

That's a sad story but kink of funny. I'm glad Dustin is home so you guys can get back to normal!

Meredith said...

How's Dustin's Dad? Hope all is well with Dustin out there. That is a sweet note! I love those kind of things. And me? Not lazy yet! I feel 98% better and am back on productive mode...

Lara Neves said...

I'm glad she forgave you. I love when my kids give me sweet notes like that and I will be sad on the day that they can spell everything they want to say.

laura said...

poor, poor ellie!!! man - you must have felt soooo bad! sorry!

Kaelene said...

Ellie forgot that the eyes in the back of your head are NOT on your bum-bum! LOL
Poor girl, and poor you when you saw the cute note! Like you need any more guilt, right??

Rach said...

Oh, what a sweet note!! Things like that make being a Mom totally worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

You are a grate mom even though you sit on your kids. At least she didn't draw herself with steam coming out of her ears. Your blog makes me smile every time I read it.

Lisa Brown said...

Okay, so I am sorry because I am totally laughing. How sad for poor Ellie, and I am sure you felt plenty of mother guilt. It really makes for a great story though :).

Lisa said...

you are grate! everie day of the week!