layout

3/22/2008

Hoppy Easter

This picture is about as good as it's going to get. In the middle of taking pictures Ellie ripped her toe open and now Sadie is taking a nap before Church. Maybe we'll try again afterwards.

What would Easter be without a few Easter Egg hunts? Friday we had our usual playgroup hunt. It was fun to go around and watch Nate run from egg to egg. Sometimes he wouldn't an egg up because he'd see another egg and have to run to it.Just a few of the kids.

Nate and his best friend Daven.

Saturday morning we had a fun Easter Egg Hunt with some of the kids on our street. One of the things I love the most about our house is our awesome neighborhood and all the kids.
This Egg Hunt was fun because Sadie got to participate! She was so cute carrying her basket like a purse and sticking eggs in. I actually just kept emptying the same 5 eggs onto the grass for her to pick up.

This morning Nate ran out of his room with an Easter Egg at about 7:15. Then we had to wait in our bed until we decided to wake up Ellie at 8.
Last year we had to keep Ellie from getting all the eggs before Nate could find any. This year, Nate was a man on a mission!
Sadie was more interested in the contents of everyone's baskets, especially her own dress up shoes. After all that we decided to try some quick pictures which all ended with the toe tragedy. Here's a few I got of the kids.Nate has that fabulous tie thanks to my friend Susan and my awesome parents. I looked for a tie for Nate but couldn't find one. Finally on Monday Susan called me and asked me to help her look at Easter outfits for her boys where she stumbled on a tie perfect for Nate. Then my parents called and took pity on him and ordered him a few from the site. So he should be handsome at Church for awhile. Plus we got his hair all cut and handsome thanks to Janel squeezing us in. And of course Sadie couldn't sit still.

Happy Easter! HE LIVES!

17 comments:

Kerry said...

ACK!! You got the most adorable pictures of all of them this year!! I love the poofy easter dresses, and nate just looks SO cool in his tie.

Ellie's hair is so long and gorgeous! I love the pigtails. Megan better not ever get to old for pigtails. I LOVE them!

I'm glad Sadie was in on the egg hunting action.

I want to squish them all! They look so cute! I hope Ellie's toe is better too.

Kathleen said...

i think they are all so beautiful! call me sometime in your life, sis!

Lara Neves said...

I love the dresses! You did good, despite toe tragedy and sun in eyes.

I think after the third kid, getting any kind of picture where all 3 are cooperative and happy and looking at the camera and in focus is just about impossible. Maybe after they're 3 years old or so. We'll just have to see. :)

Lisa said...

those pictures are great!! i love them! cute kids! so fun to have girly dresses at easter time!

Kaelene said...

You take the best photos of your kids! And I'm so impressed with all the photos of the neighborhood activities! Way to preserve those moments - Go Maddy!
I went to see the photo display at the visitor's center yesterday, as part of my personal celebration of Easter. Talk about INCREDIBLE! I'm so grateful that He lives!

Rach said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. I love the Easter dresses!! And, I never get a good picture of all the kids either.

Chelsea said...

Your kids look sooo cute!!! Uhm Nate, ladies man much? He is so cute with his tie (of which nice pic! I ended up getting the Children's place green one, but they didn't even wear them!) and new haircut. And the girls are so pretty! Easter dresses are my favorite thing about girls! Sorry about Ellie's toe mishap. Hope it's better today!
Cute neighborhood pics! You really do have the best neighbors!

Happy back to school day! Booo!!

The Tyler's said...

Your kids looked drop dead in there Easter attire! So i guess you found a tie for Nate! It looks really cute on him. He looks so grown up in that picture by himself.
I hope you have recovered from coop. Sorry our kids were horrible! Just remember...6 weeks of free Mondays for you!!!

Nielsen Family said...

Lucky you! You can have a warm Easter Eggs hunt and all! I am sooo jealous! Your kids pic are cool. They are beautiful!
One day we will try to visit you guys! Or come up here you are always welcomed!

Amy F. said...

So cute! You are the best Mommy. It just shines through. And by the way you are really good at taking pictures. I guess parenting does that (like 'photographer' good). Looks like that Easter egg hunt was a blast. Next year Dax will running around!

ASHLEY said...

I get that extra oomph in my day when I see you have updated your blog. Your children are beautiful as are the pics. I love the one of Sadie's dress billowing in the wind...

P.S. Nate's friends are going to love coming over to his house when they are teenagers...for his beautiful sisters. And Sadie's friends are going to love that Sadie has such a cute older brother.

Lisa Brown said...

I love Ellie's dress! So pretty!! So sorry about her toe. Isn't it crazy the things that happen? Lily stepped in dog poop, which ended our picture taking, which wasn't going well in the first place. Fun times :).

Molly said...

The kids look so cute! That tie is perfect. I'm sorry about Ellie's poor toe, that is no fun. Is that the bow from Sadie's blessing? Wow, it looks cute.

Maddy said...

Yup. That's the bow from her blessing. Can you believe how freakishly small her head is?

The Bullocks said...

Your kids are so cute. I am so jealous of that green grass. I have to admit if Ryan came home with plans of California I would have been all over that. but that is also because we are in stinkin 40 degree weather with snow still coming. you don't even know how crazy I'm going with this weather. I'm glad you guys had a good easter.

Meredith said...

Beauties!!!! They look so adorable. I need to get my Easter post done. I am still trying to catch up from the worst spring break ever...except for all the moments we spent with you!

Rickie said...

Those pictures are so cute! So much better than ours turned out. What is your secret? I think you should be a photographer. you always get such good shots. It must be the scrapbooker/blogger in you. You take picuters just so you can scapbook 'em.