layout

3/03/2008

27 Dresses

So I know this movie came out forever ago, but I just saw it today. I knew Dustin wouldn't want to see it, so I planned to go see it with Kerry. Of course the planets never aligned and week after week one of us was too busy/sick to make it. But today was the day!

I kept Sadie up so she would nap the entire time I was gone and Nate was at the neighborhood Monday-swap until 1, so I had just enough time to make the 11:1o movie. Kerry and I met in the incredibly empty parking lot and could barely stand the excitement of being to a movie in the middle of the day with no kids. We'd pay for things and then just stand there because we couldn't believe how easy it was without 5 bags of popcorn and treats to carry.

It was so weird to sit in the theater without kids and know it was the middle of the day! There were 5 of us total in the theater and we settled in for a good girly movie. It is just what I expected -- totally cheesy and predictable and I want to make out with whoever that guy is if Katherine Heigel doesn't soon. . .

And then the screen goes black. We're sitting in the dark for a few minutes when suddenly the back-up generator kicks in and the lights come in. Kerry and I can hardly believe our luck. The ONE time we ditch out responsibilities to see a movie and the power goes out!

We decided to stick it out and see if the movie would start back up. . . after what seemed like 15-2o minutes the lights go dim and the movie comes back on. YEAY! I love happy endings. Super cute movie and totally worth the wait -- but DANG! That wait must have been longer than I thought, because I go out to the car and it was 1:4o!!! Nate's been home for 4o minutes and Sadie has been up for an HOUR.

I now owe Dustin BIG time for taking care of them and working all at the same time and not even saying a mean word when I walked in an hour later than I thought. And the upside -- we got free movie vouchers, so we can go see our next girls-day-out movie for free.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am sneaking in 2 minutes of computer time. So fun to see a movie in the day...and to get extra tickets! A friend of ours from high school is in that movie. I have no idea what her role is. Husbands are the best. Way to go Dustin for being Mr. Mom!! My kids are just in tote with all of our projects and outings. Cody gets home in a couple days and then he gets them while we get true girl time.

Kerry said...

Was that your tongue in my ear when it went dark?!?!?! ;)

It was fun, and I'm so glad I got to see that in a theater. And nothing beats greasy popcorn for brunch.

Lara Neves said...

Fun! I've been wanting to see that movie, but of course Joel would hate it.

Once, way back in college I was on a date to see Mrs. Doubtfire and the movie MELTED in the middle. Started smoking and everything. We got free tickets,since we couldn't finish the show, and I noticed that theater was showing Mrs. Doubtfire for like a year afterwards...they must have had to buy the print.

laura said...

whew - i'm glad you got to see the end...

oh man, i can't remember the last time i saw a movie. i can do the daytime thing in a couple of years... yay!

glad you guys had fun. :)

Kaelene said...

Yay, you! I loved that movie, and now I love "Benny and the Jets"! :)

Unknown said...

That is so strange because one of my friends went to see that movie here in McKinney and the screen went black and the film broke or something just like yours! They also got vouchers. What's going on?!

I heard it was a very cute movie though. I would also like to see it ;D

Lisa Brown said...

Thank goodness you weren't the one picking up Nate. I hate things that ruin my carefully laid out plans like that. How awesome that you did that though - you deserved it. I am so in the mood to see a chick flick now :).

Meredith said...

I made Steve go with me to see it for my Birthday - turns out he did hate it.

Do you ever realize how lucky you are to have Dustin at home like that? If I was going to be an hour late picking up my kid from a play swap because a movie went long, I would have to LEAVE THe MOVIE!!!