layout

3/17/2008

Happy St. Patty's

We're wearing green! Are you? Dustin and I were out to lunch and I commented that not a lot of people were wearing green and Dustin said, "I don't think adults are scared of being pinched. Would you pinch Janel if she wasn't wearing green?" And then I had to confess that I did in fact pinch Janel this morning! Is it bad to pinch adults?

Look closely because this is the only picture you'll see of Nate for the rest of this post. Little stinker is not in a cooperating mood these days. And he needs a haircut and won't let me put any gel in in -- expect a call J.

Today the kids went to a birthday party for Wyatt and Dayton and they are certainly on a sugar rush right now. All the better because they'll crash in an hour, but it's not helping my recently cleaned house.

We have been having a great Spring break. Lots of sleeping in, undone hair -- I know Lynette will approve, self chosen outfits, trips to the gym, play dates, saying good bye to great friends, trips to the park, and even an "almost sleep over" for Ellie. This week we have lots more fun planned and Dustin even has some down time, so hopefully we'll squeeze Hortin Hears a Who in there. Anyone seen it yet?




Ellie and I also have gone on a few shopping trips and one of Ellie's favorite finds were these shoes. I have some peep toes just like them, so Ellie begs me to wear mine anytime she wears hers. It doesn't always happen, though, because Ellie wears them everywhere, everyday.

Sadie has proven once again this week that she is all girl. She is always carrying something around -- a baby, a phone, a purse, jewelery, books. . . the more the better in fact.




Hey look -- she's dressed in some of there. HA HA! See how much I can do when we don't have school to worry about?

And one last picture for June who believes no child can have too many thumbs to suck

17 comments:

Lara Neves said...

You bet I'm wearing green. And I made Joel wear green today, too. I mean, he works at a middle school, he'd probably get pinched. :)

Maddy said...

We all got to pinch Dustin this morning. He quickly changed!

The Tyler's said...

Oh yes, we are all wearing green! Even Noah came out wearing green. I though it was a little funny. He usually doesn't get into things like that.
We have not seen that movie, but want to.
See you guys tonight!
Cute pics!

Rach said...

I love the pictures of Sadie. How does she manage to walk around carrying all that stuff? And the double thumb sucking picture is precious!!

Ammon said...

I do! I do approve (I think you're talking about me)! Have a great (and messy hair) St. Patty's Day!

Chelsea said...

This is going to be a long one for all I have to say! (As if that is different from any other post! HA!)
You know I loved Horten's. Go see it for sure! Cody keeps quoting lines and I keep cracking up.
I love the green wearing thing on St. Patty's. So fun! I loved in grade school if someone forgot they would say their undies were green. Never knew if they were serious or not! How fun to have a lunch date with Dustin! JEALOUS! :)
Sadie is adorable double thumb sucking! And her accesories are great.
Hurray for messy hair and pj's all day!
And great pink toes.
And just incase you forgot...you have 2 girls ALREADY! And I hope you don't have a double garage. More words to fit....Of course that is if they act like the neighborhood riff raff. They will be sweet and good. Don't worry!
oh, and about the sweater vests. Carters was 2 years ago children's place easter outfit that still fits him. (The vest only not the rest) and Cash's was last years Children's place. I just found out (no I don't look at calendars) that Easter is this Sunday. Who knew?! I am really sad because I for sure missed out on Children's Place vests and ties. I am really going to be sad tomorrow as I go and all they have left are the cheesy ones or not their sizes. BOOOOO to not living near family and not knowing the dates to holidays because now that I am away it doesn't matter because every day is Easter for all I care. BOOO (yes that was a really long run on! Thank you Chandler High!!) Bottom line: do you want to borrow either? I forgot Carter's church clothes when we came down at Christmas, yet packed double for Cash, and so Carter wore that vest of Cash's. It looked small, but worked. So both are up for photo ops if you need. Otherwise, good luck. Joann's has yarn and knitting instructions! (worse case scenario, of course!) But you can do everything so knitting is probably on your list of accomplished things you can do!! :) Happy FHE! :)

Megan said...

We are in green here! I love the pictures of Sadie; 2 thumbs and it that a phone on each shoulder? She's good!

Chelsea said...

Now or later???!! ;) haha!
Just checked out Gymbo. Cute stuff. I am going to brave the mall in the morning, and if it is a no-go, I have a back up plan from Gymbo in mind. Are shorts nice enough for church? I bought these shorts from Old Navy awhile back that are pinks, blues, white...okay, here is the link of the pattern, but not the shorts. This is the suit coat, of which I did not get: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=36303&pid=517033&scid=517033002
I got them with brand new long sleeve white church shirts that I was going to save for family pics. (Who knows when...I HATE pics!) Only problem was I never knew what to wear with them. So does this work for an Easter outfit? And nice enough for church? I am kinda sad if I do do this because they have always gotten a new tie and sweater vest. Let me know...

Lisa said...

great pics you saucy tramp! come up here and i might let you pinch me!

Michelle said...

where the heck have I been??? When did Sadie's hair turn blonde???

I'm so confused ;)

Janel said...

Well at least is wasn't a vicious pinch! LOL Normally I'd be all inot it, but, well, ya know. Cute pic of Nate and Dayton, we did have a fun party. Sadie is just plain adorable!!! Big Sadie used to carry all the stuff around like that, so precious.

laura said...

completely adorable!

happy st. patrick's day! the kids and i wore green - and yes, i pinched my husband for NOT wearing it. ;)

Ann said...

We loved Horton! While we were in Utah we took all of our cousins and went to see if for Brady's birthday. Way fun!

I didn't wear green yesterday...I forgot until after I was already dressed. But I did make sure the boys were in green and Brady made sure Ry was wearing his green shirt. So...I am the only one sporting bruises today from all the pinching!

Kaelene said...

I love your green challenge! And although ALL of your photos are darling (cute pedi, you!), my favorite is the last one of Sadie with her double thumb trick! Too cute!

Casey said...

I am 33 years old and never heard the whole pinch thing! You actually pinch someone not wearing green? Ouch! Is this a mormon thing? Elves leaving pajamas on christmas eve, pinching people not wearing green...I need to write this stuff down.

Meredith said...

We love playing with you guys! And green yesterday? We barely functioned with Caroline's fever/sickness!

Lisa Brown said...

Love the matching shoes!! And I realized that I didn't wear green on St. Patrick's Day, because Savannah had celebrated it on Friday, and so I totally forgot.