layout

3/06/2008

Good Bye to Yooooou


Luckily for my friends, last night did not include karaoke! We met up for our one last good bye to Tasha in the jean jacket who is ditching us for utah. It was such a fun night, but so sad underneath it all. Seriously -- two good bye parties in one week? Why is everyone leaving me? boo hoo poor me, who cares that they have to sell a house, find a house, move an entire house, make new friends and all that jazz ;p

Tasha and I have known each other since I was a baby! She was the first person I knew when I moved into this house. I showed up to church and there was Tasha -- in my Ward. Our girls started pre-school together, their second pre-school together, and then Kindergarten together. We've car pooled for 2 years, done 2 years of girl school together and now boy school, 3 Christmas Eve's together, summer-time kid swaps, all 3 of our kids are the exact same age and gender. . . and now she's moving. As Rickie once put it, "I don't think you moving is such a good idea." I don't think so either.

Tasha is one of my closest friends. I can call on her in any moment and she will do whatever she can to help out. She will sit on the phone and chat with me. I can rant and rave and she'll still love me. It's so sad how when people leave you realize you wish you had let them know sooner how much you appreciate them. We were just on the phone talking about finding friends when she moves to utah and she mentioned that she wasn't sure she'd ever find friends as awesome as the ones we have here. I don't know if she will probably not because we're all pretty awesome but I know we won't be able to replace her.

So Tasha who I know reads secretly reads this : Thanks for letting us keep you out late last night despite your "curfew" ;p and Susan and Karen trying to kill us on our way home. I'll miss you. And I'll see you in a few hours. :D

7 comments:

Ammon said...

Reading this made me really miss my girlfriends back home! When there's a big group of you like this, it's almost magic!

The Tyler's said...

I didn't know she was moving. How fun that you all took her out for one last hoorah!

Lisa said...

it is sad when your friends move away. and oh my gosh--wednesday rambling post was hilarious!

Chelsea said...

Since Tasha seceretly reads... Good luck Tasha! Moving is the pits!!
You all look sooo cute! Makes me miss Az tons!!

Tasha said...

Tasha is moving? Where are they moving to in Utah? Where did her husband get a new job? e-mail me tashabradshaw@gmail.com

Meredith said...

It was a fun/ more like bittersweet night - thanks for putting it together!

Mike and Kimmy said...

All hail to Maddy, queen of bloggers! I love your blog. Your kids are so stinkin' cute!