layout

4/12/2008

Chillin'

After a crazy week, I am so happy to be sitting on tush right now.

This morning we had our annual Primary Talent show. The kids are so amazing. I just love watching them get up and there and perform. Nate and Ellie did art -- Nate drew race cars since that was on his brain. Other talents ranged from doing the crab walk to playing the violin. Just a really fun -- and easy -- activity.

After that I ran Ellie to swim lessons. I can't believe it's starting to be swimming weather already. I've been in denial, but I finally turned on my AC today when I saw it was supposed to get up into the 9o's.

Then we hurried home to get Nate and Dustin ready for NASCAR! Our friend Dave was nice enough to offer us some extra tickets. He even had enough that Daven and Mike are going to go too. When I told Nate he was going to get to go to see NASCAR he was pretty excited until he realized he had no idea what I was talking about. Finally I explained what it was and he totally got it. "Are the cars going to crash?"

Ever since he woke up this morning he's been asking when it was time to leave. I was trying to figure out what he wanted for lunch and he told me, "No thanks. I have fruit snacks in my backpack for NASCAR." Dustin has the camera so hopefully he'll take some picture and not lose the camera.

They finally left at 2, I kidnapped Ellie's BFF, Lindsay, for the day and Sadie is taking a nap -- so I've got the next few hours to relax. I should probably clean or fold laundry, but what's the fun in that? I'm off to play some Wii with the girls and then out to dinner and shopping once Sadie wakes up.

Update Sunday morning -- when I really should be getting ready for Ward Council, but *had* to get up pictures for my parents.

The girls and I had fun. Dinner at Chili's, shopping at TJ Maxx where the girls bought a make-over kit and Sadie picked out ANOTHER baby, dessert at McDonald's, and then home for MAKE-OVERS! Oh yeah. They would do each other's faces, wash them off, and start all over again.

Nate and Dustin got home around 1o pm. Nate was pretty happy until he realized he forgot his NASCAR car in Mike's car. Luckily we convinced him to sleep with the DVD instead.

Dustin said there was a LOT of walking, which might explain why there weren't a lot of kids as little as Nate and Daven, but Nate did really well. He is still just beaming from all the fun last night. He slept in until 8, so it must have really worn him out.



The next few pictures are just to illustrate what happens when you send the camera with your husband. Parachutes? Race cars? I only want pictures with my son in them!


Nate stayed awake the whole time, but poor Daven was asleep for most of the race.

11 comments:

Ann said...

The talent show WAS so fun today! I totally look forward to it every year!

Meredith said...

We are gonna have to get you to start spelling Ellie's BFF's name correctly! I hope you have pictures of their makeovers because I can only imagine how it all went down when we were cleaning blue eye shadow out of Lindsay's eyebrows!! Thank you so much for having her over - she had so much fun, was wiped out, and ready to sleep! Oh, crap, I just re-read that Dustin has the camera! No makeover pictures...:(

Maddy said...

Sorry about that Mer! Our babysitter is spelled Lyndsi, so I always end up just spelling it as a mix of those two.

I did spell it right yesterday when we were making her Mii!

And yes, unfortunately no make over pictures, but they definitely would have been a sight.

Chelsea said...

The Roger's win the Best Parents award this weekend for sure! I love the honesty that you were off to play wii! :)
When I find my money tree and can afford to get our mini hardrive fixed, I have pics from Ellie from the talent show from a few years ago on it. I def. LOVE the variety of talents at it. Kids are the best!

Kerry said...

Uh oh. Looks like you have a little redneck in the making. ;)

Speaking of swimming weather... I heard my neighbors screaming and splashing while I went to take trash out today. I wanted to kill them!! I don't have a pool!!! How can they do that to me without inviting me to hop over the fence and jump in!!!

I'm not ready for summer.

Hey, this is pretty sad that I can only communicate with you through blogs right now. Did you EVER get my emails??? Or does your computer still hate me?

Meredith said...

The boys look like they are having the time of their lives! My husband sometimes cannot be trusted to take decent pictures either.

Anonymous said...

nate looks so cute!!! what a fun time for him. that bed is to die for!! i love it!


lisa

Kaelene said...

How fun for the male bonding day and the girl's day out!

Rach said...

My boys would have LOVED Nascar. Sounds like a fun Daddy-son day. I can't believe you have your AC on, it was still SNOWING here just a couple of days ago!!!

Kathleen said...

dustin is actually a really good photographer.

Lisa Brown said...

That is awesome they went to a race! Derek would have loved that!