layout

4/16/2008

Highlights and lowlights

It's been a party around here for sure. My house is a disaster, but I refuse to clean it until Friday. Ellie's party is Saturday morning and between now and then I have so much to do that the house is taking a back seat. So if anyone wants to see "messy Maddy" stop by this week.

Monday night the girls on our street -- and two friends we wished lived on our street -- took Jill out for dinner before the baby comes tomorrow. It was so much fun; even after Abuelo's turned on all the lights on the patio and kicked us out. I don't care what anyone says, women need girl time!

WARNING -- really bad picture ahead stolen from Janel's blog

Last night Ellie had her Kindergarten concert. Try and find Ellie -- ha ha! She's on the very left hand side.

I know people will think I'm exaggerating, but it had to be the cutest concert ever. I think they should go on tour. I loved seeing all of them all dressed up. All their actions were so cute and they sang so loud. I especially liked that it was super informal. Your kinder could wave at you and they let the parents come up front and take pictures for awhile. Nate sang along to all the songs and waved at her the whole time. He was so proud!

After that we took the kids out for cheesecake.
Sadie was enamored with the "baby plate" at CF. Nate was enamored with the cheesecake.


Now to the low lights over the last few days.

* Sadie fell off a chair yesterday morning, landed on her head and started throwing up. Of course we rushed her off to Urgent Care, but the good news is that she is fine! It did make for a dramatic morning and lots of crying.

* Cleaning throw up out of the carpet.

* Cleaning up blue "gak" from the carpet. I discovered blue gak all over Nate's carpet right after I cleaned the vomit up. I totally started crying.

* Re-cleaning the carpet because it still smells like throw up. HELP ME!! I clean it multiple times a day and I can still smell it.

* My hair! I am so sick of it. I told Dustin and Ellie I was cutting it and you would have thought I was losing a limb. Ellie starts crying and Dustin insisted I go to his hair dresser to get it done instead of one of my friends. Whatev. But Friday afternoon, it's getting chopped.

* Too much dessert and not enough working out.

* The party -- it's my own fault. Usually this time of year is really slow, so I have nothing but time and energy to devote to Ellie's party. I assumed it would be the same this year so I planned a lot of fun stuff. Holy cow, it is so busy and I am so behind. I am having nightmares every night that I wake up the day of the party and nothing is ready. So I guess we'll see how it turns out.

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

Scary about Sadie! I am glad she is okay. As for the puke...I use our dog cleaner on all carpet stains. I love it and it has done some amazing stuff by taking out dog and kid bodily functions. It is from Woolite. It's the "Pet and oxygen one. It is for stain and odor removal. it is in a grey bottle with a yellow and blue trigger. I think they have about a hundred tyeps, but ours is the trigger like windex or shout or a water bottle, not the kind that you hold and it adds air like frebreeze air effects. Got it?!

Good luck. Perhaps it will take the gak out too? It takes out lots of mystery stains here...except red punch.

Ammon said...

Busy, busy, busy--and messy--LOVE it!
Try regular rubbing alcohol on the carpet--that's what I use and it normally works in one application--two if it's REALLY bad!

Can't wait to see the new hairdo!

The Tyler's said...

Yes, we did have so much fun Monday night. Let's make it a tradition!
The Kinder concert looks so fun..I can't wait for all that stuff with Brody.
I'm sure Ellie's party will be fabulous! I wish I was going! I'll have Noah put up the cake. What time is it at?

Maddy said...

miraculously i could get the blue gak out of the carpet, it's just the vomit smell. thanks for the suggestions.

Meredith said...

The school concerts are cute! I would be marveling at the Cheesecake too. I really could use some right about now! I wish we had one of the final invites that said "you're invited" and not the prototype! :) And did you say Dustin has a hair dresser? he doesn't just go to Great Clips and flirt with whatever girl is there to cut his hair like Steve does?

Maddy said...

Stop being greedy! I bet you don't even know where yours is. ;p

And yes, Dustin sees a hair dresser regularly at the Lifetime Spa and Salon. I see her every other visit because my cut and color are stinking expensive. The rest of the time I see Janel and Susan.

Lisa said...

ok--throw up--yuck! try putting warm water on and sprinkling baking soda on--let dry then vacuum up. maybe working it in first would help. also there is that enzyme pet odor remover that is fantastic. it is natural too. also a thing called anti-icky poo is supposed to be awesome.

great card!!! oh--it takes about 6 hours to drive to albuquerque from here but 8 hours from mesa.

Kerry said...

since your email hates me and I'm out of town, I'm waving at you on your blog!!

Kaelene said...

Sorry about the throw up! That pet odor stuff does work wonders!!
DARLING invitation!
Have fun with the party!

Rach said...

I hate cleaning up throw up!! I always have to go over it like 20, 000 times with my carpet shampooer to get it all out. That invitation is so stinkin cute. Have fun at the party!!

Lisa Brown said...

I hope Lily's kindergarten does something like that - it looks so cute! So sorry about the throw-up - no fun! I hope the party goes well and you survive it all. Sometimes life just takes over, doesn't it?

Lara Neves said...

YOU are one busy momma. Good luck! :)

Ann said...

The Kindergarten concerts are so fun! As for the throw-up, I usually use Spot Shot and then my carpet cleaner a couple of times. It's just like the hardest thing in the world to get out! Yuck! I'm glad Sadie is okay...and the Dustin/hairdresser thing...that's just, ummmm....weird. If Ryan says he needs a haircut, I hand him a coupon (Great Clips, Fantastic Sam's, wherever), and he's out the door! Although he would probably be all over the idea of a salon and the little head/neck/shoulder massage, and the complimentary cold drink.

BTW, very cute b-day invitation! You do the CUTEST things. Any ideas for Mother's Day?

Amy F. said...

Talk about a crazy, and fun, couple of days! Even though Sadie is okay, talk about Scary! Poor girl. Oh, and the throw up...I'll just have to post my throw up story on my blog -so funny (and sad)!

Nicole said...

I'm glad Sadies ok. She always looks so cute at the gym daycare! Oh, and that Pic of you and Ellie....ok are you sure your not Ellie's sister?? you look so cute and sooooo stinkin' young, how do you do it??!!! and that invite is too cute! I think birthday parties can get out of hand REAL fast ( I hate it) what happend to a couple of friends playing games at the house??!!! Good luck! I hope next week calms down for you!

Anonymous said...

You had one of my days. The invitation and all the party stuff are so cute. The baking soda tip works for me too.