layout

4/19/2008

Saturday is a special day . . .

It's the day we wish we had valium.

Dustin was cleaning out the medicine cabinet and found some oxycotin and I asked if I could have one.

5:3o am

Wake up to shower, do my hair, stick frilly tooth picks in sandwiches, frost cupcakes, hand feather boas everywhere. . . all that good stuff.
7 am
The hooligans wake up. Feed them breakfast, bathe them, dress them, change diapers, curl hair. . .

9 am
Party time. 12 little girls. Lots of frills and a little bit of drama. Still a lot of fun.
1o:45 am
Drop the last little girl off at her house on our way to. . .

11 am
Swim lessons

11:3o am
Lessons over, drive home & drop Ellie off in time for Susan to pick me up for. . .

11:45 am
Stake Women's Conference -- ok, we were a little late. Yummy lunch, followed by Chieko Okazaki -- she was an AMAZING speaker, and then yummy dessert afterwards.

3:3o pm
Susan drops me off at home in time to grab a gift & head back to the Stake Center for . . .

4 pm
Cooper's baptism. I do have to say -- I appreciated the Lamb's staying on point and having a beautiful baptism.

4:4o pm
Home. Finally. Take off my skirt and high heels and change into my robe for dinner.

6 pm
Ding dong. It's Amy and Dax and Dustin lets them in our house -- while I'm in my ROBE! Good thing we're good friends and I'm not dying of embarrassment. OK, maybe slightly embarrassed. Dax is so cute! And so big!

Little bit later
DING DONG! It's Azure coming to drop off some carpet stuff to get rid of my vomit smell. And I'm still in my robe! Maybe I should get dressed? PS Thanks Azure!

8 pm
Time to grab the babysitter and head out to a friend's UFC party. I did get dressed, by the way. I should also mention that by this time I am sick to my stomach from eating jelly beans, cupcakes and brownies all day BUT I still manage to eat a pazooki at David and Marita's.

12:3o am
Come home to find this cuteness and crawl into bed and pass out.

18 comments:

Kerry said...

Whew! I need a valium after reading that. Seriously that is one crazy day!

The party pictures look great! I love seeing the valentines stuff put to use!! It all looks perfect!

I emailed you. Did you get it? It was a repy from one you sent me.

Rach said...

Just reading about your day makes me tired. I would have been in my robe too if I were you!!

Ammon said...

Whoa! I'm pooped out just reading about all that partyin' and pink!
Now you just need a week to recuperate!

Chelsea said...

BUSY BEE!! What cute princesses. I am so glad no girls will be entering this family. Drama?!?! NO THANKS!!

Cutest sleeping kids. Makes my heart melt. Love it.

Oxycotin is the itchiest medicine ever. I HATE that stuff. Then again all meds make me itchy. But that one especially.

Janel said...

LOL at the oxycontin....because my drug of choice is phentermine!! LOL just kidding(sort of). All day I was going SO crazy too but I did think of you and how your day was just a little bit more busy than mine and that made me feel better. And we survived!! Yay moms!!!

Lara Neves said...

Wow! a birthday party at 9:00 in the morning! That is motivation. You are one industrious woman. :)

Meredith said...

You made it!!!!!

Lisa said...

i would have saved the oxy for the UFC! ha ha

Amy F. said...

That was such a cute post. I'm glad the party went well, and I'm sure Ellie felt like a real princess! You guys are awesome parents. And BTW, you looked adorable in your robe (No one else could pull that off as cute as you)! Nate was lovin' holding Dax, so yeah, I will definitely come over more!
What a way to end such a crazy day -Nate and Ellie fast asleep together. So cute!

Kaelene said...

Gosh, I wonder why you couldn't squeeze another gathering into your day?? LOL
We missed you, but sadly, I have no pictures . . . my camera bit the dirt!! (Imagine my very, very sad face!)
If you want to order some Stampin' Up stuff, you can check out the website (www.stampinup.com) and just email Lisa . . . she'll know what to do!
I hope that your Sunday was truly a day of rest! Cute sleeping kids!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, days like that are hard. Good, but hard. And the stuff from your party looks so cute!!

Anonymous said...

SUPER MOM!!!

Ann said...

AND...you managed to be bright and perky at church! Good Job!

Holly said...

Seriously...you ARE a super mom!!! I am happy to sit on my tush all day, and look at you!!! Looks like such a fun party!

Megan said...

That looks like a fun, darling party! I'm going to have to remember the "Fancy Nancy" theme.

Shauna-Lou said...

Oh man ... Ellie is 6?! She's such a big girl now!

I know Aunt Maddy will be throwing our birthday parties :)

Anonymous said...

OH to be young again like you Maddy!!!

Unknown said...

Just looking at that time schedule is giving me anxiety for you (it could be my sleep deprivation giving me anxiety though ;D)!

Happy Birthday to Ellie! I remember now that she and Wilson were born quite close together. It's amazing! The party looks like is was PERFECT...perfectly pink. Hooray!