layout

4/09/2008

Wii're crazy!

I will admit that I am horrible at making final decisions. I'm really indecisive and I hate committing to anything, especially if it costs a lot of money. So how is that I made two big purchases on the same day?

Monday afternoon, Dustin and I went out for lunch at The Farmhouse in downtown Gilbert. Absolutely yummy, by the way. When we were done we realized we had an extra half hour so we ran into the furniture store next door to look at beds. I've been looking for a long time and it seems whenever we have the extra cash, I can't find one I like, and the second I find one I like, we've already allocated those funds somewhere else. back to the story -- we had decided to use our tax refund to stimulate the economy like my buddy GW wants us to, so we have been on the hunt.

Looking through the store we found some stuff we like, but we're really particular and nothing was perfect. Browsing through we did find one bed we thought was semi cool but the matching furniture was HIDEOUS. A saleswoman found us and was so sweet to take down all our requirements and promised to send us some possibilities since we were on such a tight time schedule. Dustin ran out to get the car while I showed her a couple of bed styles we liked. One of them was the bed with the hideous furniture. I mentioned we liked the bed, but not the matching furniture. Sales lady tells me that she's sure she can find furniture to co-ordinate and the bed is on sale. Then I run out to the car because we're late picking Nate up.

I mention that the bed is on sale to Dustin, who can barely remember the bed. Anyway, long story short, he calls the lady and talks her down a little bit, runs to go look at the bed again and calls me from the store to ask me to commit. AHHH! Deer in the headlights moment for me. I must have been feeling impulsive because we bought a bed. It comes on Friday and I am so excited.

Also on the same day I'm on the phone with my sister. I mention that Dustin wants to buy a Wii as soon as Rock Band comes out for the Wii because he loves that game so much. Kathleen then tells me to start looking now because they're really hard to find. I tell Dustin who informs us that he can find a Wii no problem. We sort of challenged him to find one that day, joking that knowing how "golden" Dustin is, he'd be able to find one in a manner of minutes.

So of course he found one. And now we own it.

And we love it! The kids have been having so much fun -- even if they're terrible. Nate actually doesn't pay attention to anything at all. He sort of just throws his arms around and does really stinking well. We're talking home runs, strikes, birdies. . .
The bad part about them not paying attention is that they roam and run into each other. We've been lucky that no one has been whacked in the head yet.

Sadie finds the Wii very entertaining and is our best cheer leader. She is also a gangsta with her one sock.
So gives us the heads up on good Wii games for a 5 year old and a 3 year old. And maybe some D and I can enjoy too. We of course have the sports and we have Wii Play as well. Plus Mario Super Smash Brother I think?

Also, I think Dustin and I have done a part to stimulate the economy enough -- so maybe we should be Republicans now ;p

13 comments:

Meredith said...

Yea!!!! You finally found a bed! I am so proud of you - what a grown up. I cannot wait to see it when it is all set up. We are not gaming people - we have an old play station and that is it. It is in a drawer somewhere. You should invite us over to play sometime.

Ammon said...

I miss my bed so much!
(We had to leave it behind.)
I still think nothing compares to the Original Nintendo. Gotta love some OG Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt!

Chelsea said...

We love our wii. My family has a joke that if you play to long you are going to be "wiitarded". Probably not the nicest comment, but it cracks us up every time. I am going to email you a picture that you will LOL at. It's of a "wiily" old lady.
We have all the sports games. Mario Bros has an Olympics one we like too. Carter loves them all. He is like Nate and wins everything. We bought cheap game cube remotes and you can use those with the wii too. So if you have any game cube games those will work in the wii. We found a ton of game cube games for 5 bucks. They don't rattle the remote, but for variety of games it is fun. We also have the mario universe game but Carter only helps get all the jewels on it and then gets bored. You can also hook up the wii to your internet and play people. And you can also spend 5 bucks at nintendo and buy the internet option and you can search the web on your wii. And then you can buy all the old school game lynette mentioned for super cheap. My lil sis got all those at Christmas and we would stay up till 2 in the morning playing duck hunt. Sooo fun! Okay, call the nerdery department and let them know I am on the loose. Oh boy I sound like a true gamer! Funny thing is I promise I am not! :)

As for the bed. NICE MOVES! We are still sleeping on the queen I bought my senior year. It was nice, but not so much now. I can't wait to grow up one day and get a nice matching bed and dressers. We are using our money on double knee surgery! Fun huh! I had great ideas for that money. BOOOOOO playgrounds!

Chelsea said...

Because my comment wasn't quite long enough....
I am the wii police and noticed the remotes weren't properly fitted to the kids wrists. Did you not see the 18 warnings about that before the game starts? One of my nephews chucked theirs up at the ceiling playig a game and it hit the fan and went flying around. very funny, but not when it breaks. Carter complains how tight I make his!

Lara Neves said...

I am trying to convince Joel that a playstation or something to play rock band and guitar hero on would be super great to have. He is not going for it so far.

congrats on the bed! We have been looking too, and have not had a lot of luck. I know in my mind what I want...but can't find it. Perhaps I'll have to build it myself.

Kaelene said...

Congratulations on your purchases! Now YOU can be the hostess of the Wii party that we have been dying to have!!! :)

Molly said...

You are on the fast track to becoming Republicans that's for sure! I can't wait to see your bed and I can't wait to play your Wii!

Ann said...

Oooooh, new furniture is just so fun! Whenever we are in the market for something it always takes us FOREVER to decide too! It is such a huge financial committment and I always want to make sure that I have seen EVERYTHING and that I'm not going to change my mind.

We got our Wii for Christmas and the boys got Blockbuster GC's to be able to rent games. That way they can decide if it's something they REALLY love and want to spend oodles of their money on.

Mike and Kimmy said...

I love the Wii! We don't have one, but we play it at any friends house we can. It is so fun! Everytime I play tennis though, I whack Mike in the back like 10 times, literally! Your kids are so adorable!

Janel said...

LOL @ Chelsea!!!!

Hey so when can wii come over to play??? I've actually never played it before, I'm a PS2 kind of girl. And since we already have that plus a bunch of new games for it I can't justify another entire system. I'll still kick anyones butt at Guitar Hero 2 and 3. We definetly need to have a neighborhood gamers party.

Maddy said...

Janel -- come on over. We'd love it. We're home tonight!

Megan said...

We love Mario, Sonic Olympics. Libby can play almost all the events on it.
The bed looks beautiful!
Go ahead and convert to the republican side...you know you want to.:)

Lisa Brown said...

We still haven't moved on to the Wii - someday though :).