layout

4/30/2008

Yeah, I suck

So I was talking to a friend on the phone today and she mentioned that I needed to look at something on her blog. I admitted then that I haven't been on blogger in over a week -- which everyone already knew. So I'm back. I didn't know whether to start from where I am now, or where was I was when I left off, so basically I'm just going to post what I have pictures of.

We last left off at the birthday party -- where all of Ellie's friends came dressed up. Nate was a little jealous that he didn't get to stay for the party and even more jealous that he didn't get to get dressed up. The next week, we saw the resurgence of the pink dress: We tried not to make a big deal about it because one day Dustin walked into Nate's room only to hear Nate gasp and slam the door. Turns out he was wearing the dress and knew we would freak out. So we let him wear it for a few days and then it mysteriously disappeared.

Then there was Ellie's actual birthday in there. She requested breakfast in bed for her birthday -- pancakes. Dustin lovingly drove to McD's to buy it for her. Maybe we would have made them fresh for her if we didn't need to be at Janel's by 7:15 to get her hair done. She really wanted to wear a french braid that day and I am hair inept. She also got to take donuts to school, I brought her a special lunch and then she had field day in the afternoon. All in all, I think she can't really complain about a fast food breakfast.

Field Day was actually pretty nice, except that I got a little weary of explaining my station 15 times in a row. And I totally made the game up. It was suppose to be a relay where you try and fill the bucket with water from a sponge, but they didn't bring me buckets until half way through. By then I figured I had it going so well, why change now? So despite the directions reading, "Thanks for not making this a soak station," I had the kids ring the sponges out over their heads in their lines and pass it along. Then I sprayed the winning team with the bucket refill hose. It was actually really popular. I'm not even kidding. The kids loved it.

The next day my mom and sister came into town for a girl's weekend. We got pedicures, manicures, went shopping, Ellie got her special birthday present, brows and lips waxes, played Wii, made forts, ate way too much junk. . . and of course made Ellie's birthday cake. We really made a mess of it this year, but it was fun! And by we, I should probably say I made the mess. My sister has all the pictures of the weekend on her camera and she is currently driving across the country, so you'll just have to wait for her to unpack and find her camera cord to see Ellie's big birthday surprise.

Yesterday was the Kindergarten field trip. We went to the Broadway Palm dinner theater and saw Mulan. It was really cute and I got to make 5 trips to the rest room -- only once for myself. Can you guess what color group Ellie's class was? I can't believe they made the chaperons wear the same color as the kids. HA HA! They had a lunch and dessert buffet at the theater for all the kids with really healthy food choices. That's sarcastic, by the way. They did make a note that none of their food is deep fried in trans fats. But honestly, it was cute for little kids and I'm totally going to take Ellie there this summer for High School Musical.
And that was how I spent the last week :D

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great friend to invite you to look at somethng on her blog. You left out the part of spraying the kids with the water hose as they left your station. Awesome cake BTW. And I wouldn't worry about Nate and the dress until he asks for one for his birthday.LOL!

barterboutique said...

Phew, busy week. No wonder you didn't have time to post. Don't worry, I didn't either! :P

Lara Neves said...

Busy time of year for everyone! I didn't blog for almost a week, too. :)

Love all the pictures...looks like Ellie got royal treatment for her birthday, well deserved, I'm sure! Love the IKEA bed...my girls both have the same one. :)

Chelsea said...

Welcome back to the world o blogger. Missed ya.
Yea for family time!!! How fun to do a girl trip. Sounds fun!
Way to be super mom for making a cute cake, hosting a field trip, and field day! You win!!
And about matching kids: It's fun isn't it! :) Actually I won't wear my shorts when they wear theres. I feel dumb. Cody on the otherhand can pull it off!

And about my secret. I have a the one that is pictured. It goes from my bra to my thigh. My mom has one that looks similar to mine, but isn't the same one. Mine has a sticky elasticy band that holds it up. Hers more just pushes everything up and makes her look like a muffin top. (That is her saying that, not me!) I think mine may be a high back one. Mine was double the price too. Good luck. Email me if you have more ?'s.

Kaelene said...

While we did miss you, I figured you were just recovering from your Valium-deficient weekend!
I have been wanting to go to the Broadway Palms . . .I hear it is fantastic!
Good job on the fun Field day activity!

Holly said...

You stay so stinkin busy...seriously! Bria's lucky if I get her hair done in the morning, let alone plan part of field day! I don't know how you do it!

Lisa Brown said...

I love the MD pancake breakfast :) - what a great idea since you had no time. Have I mentioned recently that Ellie is adorable?

Laurel and Trev said...

Loving Nate in the pink dress...LOL!! I think Trev would freak out if he saw the boys in a pink princess dress...but alas..with 4 boys, there are no pink dresses lying around the house ;)

Lisa said...

i remember going to the dinner theater too. way cool. nate in the pink dress is priceless!!

Rach said...

Wow, sounds like a fun, busy week. I love the picture of Nate in the dress!!

Sarah said...

So Ellie's birthday present was a brow and lip wax?

Rickie said...

That cake is so cute.

Kathleen said...

ELLIE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU! she's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.