layout

5/06/2008

Cruddy

I don't have a lot of excitement going on in my life right now. Just a lot of cruddy stuff that *needs* to be done and I'm a little stressed out getting it all fit in. The only thing is -- when it's stuff I don't *want* to do, I procrastinate a lot. And then it comes back to bite me in the tush and I end up way too stressed and in full spazz mode.

Today I went to the gym, came home and fed the kids, started a load of laundry, cleaned out the office and then sat and talked on the phone for 3 hours. It felt really good! And now I'm on the internet. So yeah, procrastination mode is in full force.

So in honor of all the crummy things I have to do, here's a list of some crummy things that have happened:

1. I bought a new shirt. I loved it. Dustin put it in the dryer and it shrank. Dustin goes to buy me the same shirt and it is no longer available. Plus all the shirts he brought home to "replace" it were hideous or too small.

2. Everyone is moving. One day I pulled up to my friend Michelle's house to see the "FOR SALE" sign -- I guess it was a secret at that point, and the same day I get an e-mail from Kerry saying they're moving. Plus our great friends and neighbors the Lambs are getting ready to put an offer on a new house. Maybe I should move too.

3. Last Monday, I spent the entire day cleaning my closets. I pulled out bags of clothes to give away, sorted and folded everything. I even color coded my sweater shelf. The closet looked amazing. Then Sadie found it. And she pulled out every single article of clothing she could reach. Then she went and got a stool so she could pull more clothes down while I was cleaning the kitchen. All my skirts were pulled off their hangers, shoes were all over the house. This is all in like 15 minutes.

So then while I'm trying to clean it all up, she wanders into Ellie's room and does the same thing!
The trouble maker -- reveling in all her naughtiness!

4. Friday night I stuck a load of laundry in the wash and forgot about it all night. Saturday morning, while I was in yoga, I remembered the load, so I came home from the gym, put some laundry detergent in the washing machine so I could re-wash them, and started the load. 5 minutes later Dustin hears the washing machine going and tells me that he already re-washed the load while I was gone.

5. While Dustin and I were out on Thursday, the kids and the babysitter lost our garage door opener.

So wah wah wah. Poor me! Dang it feels good to whine and get it all out sometimes. Now I need to go clean out my linen closet. Or clean up the mess in the living room the kids made while I was blogging. Or make up a Scavenger hunt. Or feed my kids. Or fold laundry. Or pick Ellie up from school. See, none of it sounds very fun, does it?
Oh dang! Of course I went to get my kids a very nutritious lunch of dry cereal and uplaod the pictures when the Bishop's wife stops by! See -- it always bites me in the tush!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Cold cereal can be healthy ya know! :) Sadie is the cutest thing in the world. Stinks she made the messes she did!
Good luck with all your to-do list. Sounds exciting and enticing! :) Yes you should move too...........tx maybe? Just a thought! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Doesn't it feel good to vent? I am so sorry for all the craziness - those are the days we need to escape like those old Calgon comercials when we were little, where the mom takes the bubble bath :).

And your story about Sadie hit home - Derek is driving me insane right now with that same thing, and I have no patience. Here's to better days and less crud on our lists to do. (And I am so putting off my list of crud right now as I watch TV and play on the computer - he he!)

barterboutique said...

Oh man, that does sound pretty cruddy! If she weren't so cute, she'd be in big trouble!

Kaelene said...

Well, whatever your troubles may be, you can take comfort in knowing that you have darling, photogenic, (if not trouble-making) children! That is a blessing, right???

Shauna-Lou said...

Oh, I feel your pain! I would probably just sit in my messy closet and cry... But, Sadie is such a cutie it'd be way too hard to be mad at her! It's her way of having a good time hu? Can't say I'd wouldn't get a kick outta messing up your closet either :) (JK)

Kathleen said...

I WANT TO EAT THEM. i looked at sadie's earring and i thought, oh my word ellie has REAL ones!