layout

5/28/2008

Stay-cation


So we haven't even been home for 2 hours and the laundry is piled up. . . but hey -- a girl's got to blog!

We decided to take a little stay-cation to the Arizona Grand Resort over the Memorial Day Weekend, and then stay a little longer. It was such a great time, if you can't tell by the grin on Nate's face.

I think I gained a zillion pounds from eating out constantly, though. UGH! And Dustin came home with a nice burn. Is it bad that every time I look at him, I laugh. Poor guy did not apply sunscreen often enough and doesn't have the same skin tone as the rest of the fam.

The kids had a great time at the water park: wave pool, kiddie pool, lazy river, water slides, hot tub. . . It's amazing how kids just meet someone and make new friends in an instant.

I was shocked that I could actually get all 3 kids to sleep in the same room and actually go to bed at a decent hour, but they were awesome. Sadie even napped a few times, usually on the lazy river. Sadie is definitely more of a lounger than a water-lover.

Dustin and I will even make an appearance:

We tried just about all the restaurants in the 4 days. I'd definitely skip Aunt Chilada's next time, but Rustler's Rooste really was fun. They have a band and a dance floor, and even a slide for the kids to ride into the dinning room and way too much food. We did decide that Sadie is a NIGHTMARE at meal time. She completely refuses to eat anything other than fruit and french fries.


Anyway, we're home, tired and tan!

18 comments:

Chelsea said...

I was totally going to give you heck for no swim suit photos of you, since you so badly want to see my jello jiggler body...but you beat me to a cute picture of yourself....minus our twinsie suit. Maybe you will get just an arm and face shot of me this summer! :)

What a fun stay-cation!!! I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo need something like that. Hmm...maybe next life time. I loved all the pics. And kids totally crack me up how they can befriend anyone so quickly without any hesitations. Must be nice! POOOOOORR Dustin! My pale skin cries out for you. I had a great skin cancer doctor that I LOVED in Chandler. Let me know if you need her number! :) Dermoplast works great at the numbing part if you are dying.

Happy official last day of school today for Miss Ellie. Except if you extended your stay then...hmm...hope the principal doesn't read your blog!! :)

Nicole said...

Maddy I agree with skipping Aunt Chilada's we don't care for it either. Look like you guys had fun! Your kids are so DANG cute! I love that last pic of Ellie! And I'm waiting for a full body swimsuit pic.... come on I did it!!!!!

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh -- full body shot -- ha ha! I was just telling Chelsea that I had to do some major cropping because it looked like I was shoving my cleavage in Dustin's face. After 3 kids, I was shocked there was anything left to appear that way!

Chelsea said...

Love it!! :)
Deal on the new travel arrangements!!!! :) Where we headed to then?

Meredith said...

Whatevahhh! You have more cleavage FLAT than I do nursing! I was at the pool today and I still had nothin' on the boob job girls in bikinis. But, at least I was popping out of my swimsuit a little...

We really need to come with you next time - Lindsay and Ellie would have a blast!!!! (And Dustin and Steve could sport twinner sunburns.)

Kaelene said...

Your photos are so cute! I'm glad that you had a great time!
Good to know that you talk cleavage with all your girl friends! LOL

Janel said...

That looks really fun~I've always wanted to do one of those local vacations. Sorry about Dustin...we'll just start calling him Fry-guy. And I'm sure Dustin had no complaints about your cleavage stuffed in his face!! LOL

Ann said...

Looks like such a fun time! We have the same thing planned...only in July for Ry's b-day. Dustin's sunburn makes me cringe! We don't deal too much with sunburns at our house...thank goodness!

Holly said...

So, you're gonna come up here all tan and cute...and I'll be all white and fat! Great!
Looks like a fun time...without the sunburn of course:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. I can't believe you cropped out the Cleav.
I would think especially after 3 kids you would be flaunting it! LOL
Who got to take the Happy Dustin shot any how? The happy pool boy?Stilleto

jacque said...

Looks like Dustin needs some major Aloe! Glad you guys had a fun time. Stay-cations are totally the way to go!

Rach said...

Sounds like a fun get away. So sorry about Dustin's sunburn, go get that boy some aloe!!!

Kerry said...

We did that last year, and it was SO SO fun!! I think even better than a real vacation because you are only 15 minutes away from home.

If I was sadie I would fall asleep on the lazy river too. I LOVe that thing!!

Did Dustin go on the butt flossing slide after he got the sunburn?

Holly said...

Oh...when you come up, you're gonna have to help me find some cute sunglasses! Everytime I try on some like you were "sporting"... I look like a bug!

barterboutique said...

Ouch, poor Dustin! Looks like a bunch of fun!

Terra Zobrist said...

What an awesome family trip. It looks like you guys had a great time. I love reading your blog to see what you guys are up to.

laura said...

omg - i cringed when i saw those sunburn pictures. OUCHIE!!!! aside from that... looks like everyone had fun. "staycation" - i love it! :)

Casey said...

Photographic proof of Dustin? I thought he was just a myth!