layout

5/20/2008

No pictures

I don't even know what I am writing about, just that my family has been bugging me about not blogging.

We've been busy -- birthday parties, play dates, end of the year stuff, Stake Carnival, washing and folding way too many loads of laundry, dance, sick kiddo, and yesterday I did my last Art Masterpiece for the year. The kids sang a little song for me and I totally started crying because Ellie has gone from this:

to this:
She has grown so much -- not just her legs and hair! I can't believe how much she has learned and how much self confidence she has now. She went from a little toddler to this mature grown-up sort of thing. She can read chapter books for heavens sake.

Last night I made brownies -- from scratch, very un-Maddy like -- and while Dustin was off at the store getting ice cream, the kids were driving me crazy. I looked at them and said, "I'm going to lose it you guys." They so sweetly stop arguing and look at me, "Lose what?" "My temper!" "What's a temper?" Nate asks as he starts looking under the couch. It was pretty funny watching him look for my temper.

The other day we also told Ellie we were going to a hotel for a little vacation. She then asks if she can have a sleep over with me. I told her that no, she was sleeping with Nate in their very own bed. "OK. But only if it's a bed that comes out of a couch." In fact it is! "Oh yeay. When I grow up I'm going to have a bed that turns into a couch in my bedroom. And an ottoman." Dustin then asked her if she basically just wanted a living room for a bedroom. "Yes, so I'm going to need a TV in there too you guys."

And if you live on my street and read this blog: Don't forget Girl's Night tonight. We're meeting at 7pm and Janel's :D

12 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

Just wondering if nate found your marbles under the couch next to your temper?

Rach said...

Looking for your temper under the couch...I love it!!

barterboutique said...

Your kids REALLY do say the darndest things!!!

Lisa said...

ellie is so cute. have nate look for my temper too! ha

Chelsea said...

Mine's been lost for quite some time! Scary when at 6:45 in the morning I was already wanting to pull my hair out! Maybe this boy party this summer needs to happen so Nate can make me laugh! Way to make homemade brownies. That is very impressive! :)

So yes, I got the swimsuit. Cody loves it. I am trying to love it. It's more cleavegy than other suits I get. But, it fits good and supposedly looks good. Cody loves the halter for the same reasons you loved yours. I just have to get over my genetic dispositions I suppose! So we'll see!!! Thanks again for the details on all of it.

Holly said...

You made brownies??? Wow! :o)
I love that Nate was looking for your temper! See if he can find mine too!

Rickie said...

Ellie is so grown up. I can't believe it. I am already feeling like they turn 4 and suddenly they are big. She is so cute, though!

Kathleen said...

dear bitter, jealous and annoying sister-

i really really miss you. i really really miss hearing your voice. please be home when i call you today. i want to talk to you. i miss you tons and tons.

love, your sad, depressed and heartbroken sister

Meredith said...

When I tell my kids I am am going to lose it (or more likely, I am going to Kill them) I don't get as cute of reactions. Wonder why...

Ellie looks so grown up. Can't believe our kiddos are about to be 1st and 2nd graders!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, that will be Lily next year. I can't believe how much they grow up. Oh, and I love Ellie's idea of the perfect bedroom.

Amy F. said...

So cute! Little Ellie is not so "little" anymore. If you can't tell, I just can't get over how CUTE Nate is in primary! He just loves every minute of it!! I'm so glad to be back. Dax makes it easy for me, phewww!

laura said...

your kids crack me up! :D