layout

5/09/2008

Mother's Day Tea

Today I got to go to Ellie's class for Mother's Day Tea -- so cute! When we first walked in, we got to walk down the red carpet and then the kids had made us all crowns and these cute little books and papers. After being served our treats, we got to walk down the red carpet again while her teacher read some "facts" about us. We didn't get to take them home yet, but I did learn that my favorite thing to do with Ellie is "the dishes." Then they sang some super cute songs for us.

Please note Ellie's super curly hair. We put it in sponge curlers as a dry run for dance picture day on Monday. She thought she was hot stuff.

At the end I had the kids give Miss Kogel her big gift for Teacher Appreciation week. We gave her a GC to Dolce spa and salon. Yesterday I went in and did a little scavenger hunt for her with the kids and it was *darling* if I do say so myself. I know you all want to read all my clues ;p Just kidding, scroll on by if you're bored:

Kindergarteners need a lot of love and care
But Miss Kogel has proven she'll always be there.
She's awesome, no great! NO! She's the best!
At teaching us everything we need to know for each test.
Even better - she has a big heart and a gentle touch
And this treasure hunt will remind us just how much.
We'll need to use our brains to finish in time
Luckily Miss Kogel taught us all to rhyme
To find the first clue and prove that this class is able
We'll know that the rhyme means we should go to the back TABLE

*the kids had to figure out the rhymes and tell her where to go look

She pretty, nice, lots of fun and more
To find the next clue look on the front of the DOOR!

Miss Kogel taught us to read, just look!
This clue is hiding by a BOOK!

She make us use our brains and really think
and reminds us to wash our hands in the SINK

Each day to grade our papers she spends hours,
but she can use some pens that look like FLOWERS

She even does crafts with us, but what else is new?
To find this clue, let's look by the GLUE

She remembers our birthdays and made our name tags
Well find our clue by the birthday BAGS!

She grades our papers and put them in holders,
We take them home to mom and dad in our Eagle FOLDERS!

To make sure our writing is nice,
She has a friend who lives on the ICE!

ER as in HER, ey and OR
She taught us our phonograms on the BOARD!

When we're sad or worried, she'll give us a hug
Or read us a story when we sit on the RUG!

Last clue:
2-4-6-8! It's Miss Kogel that we appreciate
But after all this, she'll still have to wait.

Until then, come and share a yummy treat
for an awesome class that's super sweet

Tomorrow's the day she'll get to see
What we have for her, after Mother's Day Tea

Until then, listen close and follow each rule
For Miss Kogel is the greatest treasure in school!

And now Nate and Sadie are sleeping and I'm ready to take a little nap myself! Or eat some protein. I just reviewed my meal choices for the day:

Breakfast: Sprinkles cupcake.
Oh my gosh, they are soooooo good. Totally not overrated.

Snack: Cheetoes at playgroup

Lunch: A bite of a pay day from Enrichment last night and a swig of Nate's Sprite

Snack: A cookie at Mother's Day tea

No wonder my head hurts.

5 comments:

Janel said...

That scavenger hunt is adorable!! I can't believe you just came up with all that. Well, actually I can believe it because I know you. :D I'm glad you liked you cupcake, I always worry after raving about something that people will try it and think I'm a moron. Whew!!

Meredith said...

That turned out so dang cute!! You are one of the most creative chicas I know!!!!

Let's talk about arrangements for Lindsay - Sarah said she would plan to take her home every day but let's work out a couple days to go home with BFF Ellie. Thanks - you rock!

Lara Neves said...

Awww...how fun! Ellie looks adorable with her curly hair! She really was hot stuff!

I love your scavenger hunt! You're not letting your own elementary teaching skills go to waste at all! You are so creative and do so much for Ellie's classroom/teacher!

Chelsea said...

You truly are ama-za-zing Maddy! Your meal plan for the day sounded delish.
I LOVE Ellie's curler curls. My mom made us wear those every night. They hurt your head after awhile.

Lisa Brown said...

How much fun! And I love Ellie's hair :). I need to put Lily's hair in curlers again.