layout

5/11/2008

Happy Mother's Day

Well sorry Mom and Cheryl, it appears that I am the. . .
I had such a great Mother's Day. It started yesterday with flowers from Nate -- which were suppose to be for today, but Nate can't keep a surprise -- and then Dustin sent me to the spa for a massage.

This morning I got to sleep in! Which was good because I was up until late last night sprucing up the flowers the kids made last week at church. Some of them were in pretty bad shape, but I think I made them look decent. It was so fun to see all the Primary moms at church with their tissue paper flowers pinned on.

I got breakfast and then my cute cards and gifts -- including an awesome new bathing suit. Then Ellie showed us her loose tooth and Dustin yanked on it. Next thing I know Ellie is screaming and there is blood coming out of her mouth, but the tooth is still hanging on. Little booger. We were trying to convince her to just let Dustin finish the deed, but in the end I actually had to hold her in my lap for the last little bit. It's our first lost tooth! I had Ellie help me decorate a little match box for her to put it in and it's now under her pillow. "Does everyone worry that the Tooth Fairy won't come?" she asked me earlier. I think the Tooth Fairy is worried she'll forget herself. Luckily the Tooth Fairy has some cash on hand! Big things always seem to happen on the Sabbath in our house.

Ellie also finished off the last of the coupons from her coupon book that she made me for Mother's Day Tea. I got:
*do your har
*do your nails
and
*make a free necklis I even got to wear it to church, along with my freshly manicured nails. They're pink and blue! Then the men/youth took over Primary for the last hour and I got to go to Relief Society. Ann gave an amazing lesson, but I really missed the hustle and bustle of Primary. I got up to go check on everyone and got kicked out.


Dustin cooked my favorite dinner -- square steak and mashed potatoes -- and then we had dessert. Sadie was pretty excited when she found a stool and climbed up to reach the cake. I moved the cake to what I thought was a safe distance in, only to find Sadie could still grab the wax paper and pull it over. She wasn't too thrilled to have it taken away from her.

We also got to talk to both of our moms today. They live far away, but we still love them so much and are so lucky that we can still talk to them whenever we need to. They are both such amazing moms and even better Grandmas! We love you!!!

I also noticed the amazing amount of photos of me this month on the blog. GAG! No more! I think I need to go through and take some down. I'm so sick of seeing my face every time I get on the blog!

Happy Mother's Day! What did you do?

13 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day! Your family is so cute. Libby had huge trauma when her tooth finally came out. It's a big milestone moment!

Lara Neves said...

Happy Mother's Day! You really are one of the best moms ever, I think!

Yay for the Tooth Fairy. Our Tooth Fairy forgets a lot. :)

laura said...

dude - we could never get sick of looking at your cute face! ;)

happy mother's day! sounds like you had an awesome day - and those pictures of sadie are too cute! :)

Chelsea said...

Yea for crying kid pictures!!! Makes me not feel so awful always taking pictures of the tantrums! Your mother's day sounded wonderful. Happy Mother's day to you! I love your Necklis. It's actually really good looking compared to some jewelry kids make! Noodles are coming back in style maybe! :)
I am swimsuit shopping this week. I am going to def. check out the layers ones. I have lookes at modbe and downeast, but not layers. I HATE SUMMER!

Holly said...

Bathing suit??? Ummmm...yeah...I think I'll skip over that part of summer this year:)
Cute pictures! Love the cake, your "necklis" is adorable, yeah for Ellie's tooth, and don't stop posting pictures of yourself! I get to admire your stinkin unwrinkled skin!!! Ok...you can stop posting pictures of yourself. You're makin me look seriously old!

Lisa Brown said...

What a great day. I am really wanting to go to a spa - it has been too long. And I am totally laughing about you sneaking back into primary :). I am still adjusting to having to sit still after being in primary, but at least YW is a little more action packed than RS :).

Lisa said...

poor sadie!! look at how unhappy she is! she was all thinking she had scored with the cake! happy momma's day!

Michelle said...

I was going to say something about all the pics of you then I figured, eh, I like it. She's cute!

Cecily said...

You do such a wonderful job in Primary. The flowers were a great idea. I put mine on but Clara began to eat and destroy them, so off they came.

Sarah said...

I just thought you would like to know that Casey and I have finally posted on our blog!

Holly said...

I have girl's camp from the 14-18 of July...but the 11-13 we'll be around. If you can, you should come up for the 24th of July celebrations!!! We have front row seats to the greatest firework show ever!!! Let us know when you'll be around and we'll make plans to see you! Can't wait:)

Amy F. said...

Happy Mother's Day. You are such a wonderful Mom! What cute pictures, and I love Ellie in curls.

Meredith said...

Ellie looked great for pictures. I looked at the info paper an hour before pictures...it called for down and curly! Doh! I forgot my camera too. At least we were there for picture day, duh!

Cute swim suit by the way. And I bet the flowers were a hit. The priesthood took over primary for us too - both hours!

Your mother's day looked great too! We have a new tradition - a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake! And i normally get breakfast in bed but the kiddos spent the night at Molly's so they decided with Daddy to do it next sunday so Daddy didn't have to do it alone and they would be there to help.