layout

5/14/2008

Kid pictures

Here's some stuff I've taken pictures of this week:

Ellie had Dance photos on Monday. I feel like a totally inept dance mom. In fact, it is the one area of my life that I don't even strive for perfection. I don't even own pink lipstick and blush for her to wear for heavens sake! We made do with pink eye shadow from her make-over kit and Jill helped me spruce up a few curls at the last minute. I was happy when I showed up for pictures and Ellie fit right in. Yeay me!

The next day, Ellie was a little bored after school so Nate and I were the subjects of her make-overs.
Poor Nate is going to die when he's a teen ager and has to see these pictures. He did pick all the nail polish off, so maybe we're ok!

And I can't show you how I turned out -- due to never wanting to put my picture on here again, but let's say that I did get my revenge. Of course to a 6 year old it was AWESOME!

Sadie just develops more and more personality ever day. She is by far my most determined child. Today while I was getting everything out of the car, she toddled off onto her bike and let it roll down the drive way and straight into the street. I was sure she would fall off, or even worse that a car would come by, but she survived. Then she started walking off down the street shouting, "BYE!"

She also has this great new face -- the "WOW" face. Everything new is "WOW." And in case you're wondering what she's wearing around her neck -- it's her "Pretty." She loves to find my exercise clothes drawer and pull out everything from it and put it around her neck. Then she comes to show me. "Pretty," she tells us all. Today she found Ellie's dacne drawer as well.Can you spot the leotard?

As you can see, my Mother's Day flowers need a little TLC. I don't have a green thumb!

17 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I kept hoping you would post a picture of your makeover...

Sadie is so blonde! And so adorable!

Lisa Brown said...

I was also noticing how blonde Sadie is. It made we wish we lived in a place with less bugs so my kids could spend more time outside. Oh, and Ellie in her dance costume is the cutest thing ever!

barterboutique said...

WOW! That is the cutest face!

Michelle said...

Wow, I always thought Sadie was the girl version on Nate (and nate the boy version of Ellie) but in that last picture Sadie looks just like Ellie (to me at least).

SO cute!!!

Kathleen said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST FACE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFEEE!!! I HAVE MY PICTURES!! I WILL SEND THEM TO YOU TOMORROW. LOVE YOU!!

laura said...

ha! i suck at being a dance mom, too! after talking to me, our instructor decided we'd have a little "class" on hair and bun technique! i guess we look like we need help. :P

that little sadie is such a pistol! love the pics.

Chelsea said...

So when is the boy party?!?!? I am so in. We will be eating lots of hands on food. It's oh so manly. Diets get thrown out the door if you enter our house though. Only good thing is every thing is Deceptively cooked. But you must be a veggie lover on top of it. If he isn't...he will leave one. And yes. We will be wearing only BOY dress ups. NO makeup allowed. Our pretties consist of pirate skulls, capes, and masks. The question is, are you in??

ps. Please bring Sadie to help with Cash's speach issues. And Ellie seems to babysit and entertain the kids good, so bring her too! Maybe she can teach us a few girlie things.:)

Ann said...

Sadie's "WOW" face is the cutest ever!

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

Where does Ellie dance at? She looks adorable in her costume! You did great on her curls. And from experience, all you need to do to be a perfect dance mom is to pay your tuition and let the teacher do their thing. Don't complain about petty little things and let her have fun. Do all those things and you'll be made in the shade and the teacher will love you! Trust me!

Nicole said...

Sadie is the cutest thing Ive ever seen!!! I love her wow face! And yes, I too noticed how blond her hair looks in those pics!

jacque said...

Sadie cracks me up! Ellie looks so cute in her dance outfit. Looks like your trial run for her hair turned out great!

Lisa said...

i think sadie's "pretty" looks a lot like your underwear! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh! Aren't they just the cutest ever! I love them! M's Mom

Holly said...

Ellie's costume is so cute! You're a great sport for letting her do a makeover on you...I want to see a picture:) And Sadie is adorable!

Unknown said...

Hehe. We have a dance make-up bag, and the contents are worth more than my own make-up! :O

I love all the photos!!!

AZ Hey-mon said...

What a face that Sadie has. Adorable. so disappointing to not get to see your makeover though.

Rickie said...

WOW! That is so cute all the pictures of her saying wow. Sadie definately has lots of spunk.