layout

10/01/2008

Mistaken Identity


Sunday was my mom's cousin's son's homecoming got all that? up in Mesa. This of course meant my kids didn't get to go to our Ward and they spent the drive up crying and then pouting throughout Sacrament Meeting. At one point Ellie told me that she wanted to go to "the true Church" and Nate told us that this Ward was "stupid." After I reminded him that we don't say "stupid" especially about church he said, "OK, this Ward is just really weird." So yeah, you can see that maybe I was a little cranky with my kids in Sacrament Meeting.

The moment that turned it all around for me was when Ellie was coloring this picture. In case you're not LDS -- it's our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and obviously some primary aged kid. Ellie looks at me and says, "Look! It's John McCain and Barack Obama."

Obviously Ellie watched more of the debate than I thought.

17 comments:

lynette said...

THAT is funny!

Kathleen said...

CANNOT STOP LAUGHING. THANK YOU!!!

"the true church" priceless.

Kaelene said...

Way to raise your little Democrat up right! LOL That is sooooooo funny!

Lara Neves said...

Hilarious. She's right though, that picture does look kind of like them. :)

Holly said...

That is SO funny!

Meredith said...

Holy crap. That is TOO funny! I remember when Lindsay was learning the Pres of the USA and she usually interchanged President Hinckley and President Bush. It was cute.

Anita said...

I seriously laughed OUT LOUD on this one!!! I have to forward your blog to Mike now:)

Kerry said...

Oh my gosh!! That is funny!

Mamacita said...

Sooooo funny! I can't believe Nate said the S word about church. I guess you better come back to the "true church" after conference.

Janel said...

LOL!!!!! I can't believe Nate says things like that now, LOL he is really growing up. Awww!

AZ Hey-mon said...

h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s.
So you brainwash your kids about politics and Cooper 1st ward? LOL!
I see how you are....

Ann said...

So...evidently she is equating John McCain with Pres. Monson? Well, I guess that makes up my mind...I'll have to vote for John McCain!:)

Lisa said...

oh my gosh that was funny. and tell nate that i've called a few wards stupid before! ha

mormons for obama!

Chelsea said...

Haha!!! That is way toooo funny!

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical!!!

Danika said...

That is the funniest thing I've read all day!

Rickie said...

That is just good stuff. Kids are the greatest.

As for the true church, Daven still gets so confused. Every time we go to the stake center, he'll ask, "oh, are we going to daddy's church this week?" We have tried to have the family home evenings to explain it, but it is taking time to sink in. He still wonders why Nate doesn't go to our church.