layout

1/15/2009

I'm outside -- random thoughts

Just hanging out while the kids ride bikes. So fun to have the neighbor kids over for a playdate because it means less work for me :D It is actually kind of hot out here, but I'm not complaining.

Ellie did break her arm :( She now has a lovely hot pink cast with sparkles. She let us all sign it, but no one can see it because it has to be in that navy blue sling. At least it matches her uniform.

I am so out of shape! I think I've run 3, maybe 4, times since Iron Girl and this week I decided to get back to the gym. My body is so sore. Why is it so easy to turn into a big ball of flab?

Cutest sight of the day: Nate and Sadie our neighbor dancing. She was Snow White and really wanted a Prince to dance with, but I guess Spiderman would do. They were kind of holding hands and she says, "No Nate -- like this" and puts his arm around her waist and her hand on his shoulder. Then she said, "And then we kiss." It was sooo cute. Why are the Tyler's moving?? They have to stay so Nate and Sadie can get married.

Sadie turns 2 on Sunday -- it's sort of weird to think she's only 2 because she already seems like a 5 year old, but she is so so tiny. She is not going to be happy about the baby because her newest obsession is pretending to be my baby. She lays in my lap and makes me rock her and sing to her. "I'm the baby!"

And today I found a stack of Christmas cards that never got out. I am a JERK! So if you didn't get a card from us -- this is what we look like.

19 comments:

Chelsea said...

As sweet as that pic of Sadie and Nate is...I am a bit angry. I called dibs on Sadie a long time ago. Nate needs to look for another lady :)

Good luck with cast life. I dread the day when my boys will end up with one. I just got them the ikea bed Nate has and am surprised it hasn't happened yet! By the way, we have to mention every single day that Nate has this bed too. We need to make an Az visit soon......

Maddy said...

Oh so sad for you because apparently Sadie has called dibs on Nate. Carter will have to go mooch himself a WA bride. I'm sure they're not as awesome as AZ stock though. ;D

Chelsea said...

That's it. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
Good thing we got tough skin up here. (That and some sharp knives....REE REE rEE rEEE REEEE!!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

nate the babe magnet.

Kaelene said...

Okay, what is a SURE sign of Maddy with pregnant brain?? Some Christmas cards escaped the mailbox!! I know that you pride yourself on that, so I feel badly that you turned out to be . . . HUMAN, like the rest of us! Your intentions were good, remember??? ♥

Kathleen said...

OH MY GOSH, HE IS SUCH A HOTTIE!! but i totally have a crush on him!!

Kathleen said...

OH MY GOSH, HE IS SUCH A HOTTIE!! but i totally have a crush on him!!

Anita said...

Love your Christmas pic! Wouldn't it be awsome if our kids really end up marrying our friends kids...send them to BYU and see what happens right?

The Tyler's said...

Oh I love it! Especially the one with Sadie's head on Nate's shoulder. That's a wedding video pic for sure! The girl is going to have it hard if she has to choose from Carter and Nate...what is a girl to do!

And no...My kid will not be going to the "Y". Nate will have to find another collage if he want's to marry SAdie...haha!

The Tyler's said...

college...:)

Lara Neves said...

Those spiderman/Snow White dancing pictures are ADORABLE! Awwwwwwwwwww.

Unknown said...

Come on Maddy! Give yourself a break with the gym thing. You are pregnant!! Flab is good.

Also--oh how I love those adorable dancing pictures. Snow White Sadie may not be going to the "Y" but Maisy will be. Catch my drift. Maisy can dance too, Nate ;D

Anonymous said...

Ah how adorable -- what a gentleman -- how could a girl resist a dance with a brown-eyed batman!

Brenda Janda said...

That has got to be the cutes pic of adorable kids. Good things my boys are two old for Sadie, there would be more competition. HEHE

Lisa said...

i'm thinking maybe the fact that you can't run as much is the fact that YOU'RE PREGNANT! just a thought.

Sherrie said...

Hope Ellie's arm heals quickly. Let me ask you this, do you prefer broken bones to anything teeth related? I ask you this because anytime one of the boys falls my first worry is it's one of their teeth. I say I will take a broken bone over anything teeth related. Oh and BTW my worst fear came true last month. Ben chipped his bottom front tooth on Drew's head. They were playing outside in the snow and ice and collided and Ben swears it was Drew's head (although Drew's head looked fine afterward). Just wondering where you stand on bones vs teeth. :)

Kerry said...

I love that family photo of you guys! Oh my gosh, and where have I been? You've been blogging like crazy! Poor Ellie!! I feel awful about her arm!!

Love the pony pictures too!

Rickie said...

I read this the other day but just didn't comment. I love the picture of Nate and Sadie dancing. He is such a heartbreaker, seriously!! We love you guys.

Amy F. said...

That is so cute about Nate and Sadie. Don't worry, the Tyler's will be back in AZ someday, at least in time for Sadie and Nate to get married ;) I'm gonna miss them too!
I have been so bad about running and going to the gym too, but YOU look great! Are you really almost 5 months pregnant?!! I can't even tell -boo.
You and I are going for walks... a lot. For my sake, because you are like super Mom, while I sit around on my tush all day!