layout

1/13/2009

One Sad Morning

Not today. Yesterday. In fact it was so sad, I slept right through it.

Yesterday my sister flew home after a fun filled week. So fun I didn't take any pictures so if you really want to see some, you'll have to stalk my sister's blog. Her account will be funnier anyway. I think I did a pretty good job of showing her the oh-so-glamorous life of a suburban stay at home mom. Carpool, speech, shopping and lunch, the movies, pedicures, grocery shopping, surprise party, toilet papering, lunch with Ellie, cooking, subbing for Bunco and lots of napping.

Since I've been pregnant, I have had a horrible time getting up at 7 to get Ellie ready for school. Luckily for me, Dustin usually gets home from the gym around then and either wakes me up, or lets me sleep in a little and gets Ellie up and going. My sister's flight left at 6 and Dustin was going to run to the gym after, which would put him home way too late to be our alarm clock. I put a phone next to my bed and asked him to call me to make sure I woke up.

Long story short -- I put the phone with the ringer off next to my bed and didn't wake up until the door bell rang for her carpool. Best husband EVER: mine. Because after calling me three times with no answer he ran home and STILL got Ellie ready for school.

I had grand ambitions of getting picture of all the kids with their sad little faces, but it didn't happen and you can never recreate it. So here is my pathetic attempt to make Ellie be sad one morning later.

See her little sling? Another reason I was sad yesterday. During all the fun while my sister was here, Ellie fell off her bike and broke her arm Friday afternoon :( I was so worried about sending her to school for the first time, but she did great. I think a big help was taking her off the Tylenol with Codeine they gave us. HOLY COW -- if the weepiness and general lack of personality are just a taste of teen ager-hood, I think I'd rather skip it. Lesson learned: MOTRIN! Today's her appointment with the Orthopedist so cross your fingers it's not as bad as we thought.

One liner summary: We had a great time with my sister and we've got the battle wound to prove it.

21 comments:

Rogers said...

If your sister is anything like you I bet you guys had a blast. I am sorry she had to leave. I am sorry Ellie broke her arm. She looks like she is a model! Hope it heals quickly!

Kathleen said...

I MISS YOU!! I WILL GET PICS AND VIDEOS UP ASAP!!!

let me know how it goes with the orthopedist! i am thinking about you busy fools all day!!

Chelsea said...

Look at that lip pout! Good luck at the doc. Hopefully you have a Janda success story :)

I am glad that you had such a blast with your sister. I'm oh-so-jealous of sister time. (And MADDY time! :))

And about the nicest girl comment...I actually snorted out loud reading that! I am glad you think so :) We always laugh that I am so such a brat. Very Kim style from Kath and Kim, if you watch that show. It's classy :)

Lara Neves said...

I believe you it was sad. If your kids are like mine it is the end of the world when favorite relatives leave (or we leave them).

Sorry about Ellie's arm! That is truly sad.

Brenda Janda said...

Maddie, Where to start. So sad about Ellie:-( Hope it is not to bad. I did not know you are Pregnant! CONGRATULATIONS. How far? and all that good stuff. Way cool. Sorry your sis had to leave. That is tough. I am glad I got awesome sis-in-law's close.
Hope today is better. Call if you need cookies.

Kaelene said...

How fun to have sister time! I miss that, with 2 of my sisters. The other one lives here, but we don't seem to make time to spend together very often.
I hope that all goes well with Ellie's arm. Poor girlie!
BTW - I have to highlight the text on your blog, to be able to read anything! It's too dark on my monitor!

Cecily said...

So sorry about Ellie! Hopefully all is well.

It was great to meet your Sister because now I won't feel so bad when I blog stalk her. She is so funny!

Funny side note to make you smile: Matt is reading the book "Ella Enchanted" to the kids and Ruby keeps calling it "Ellie Enchanted" I corrected her the first time and got a huge explanation about her having a friend at church named Ellie thats also friends with Brookie and so on and so on.... (as if I don't know who Ellie is) :)

Rach said...

Wow, what a visit!! We've never had a broken arm when visitors come, I guess we aren't partying enough!

Danika said...

What up with the copycatting? My kid gets stiches, then your kid gets stitches. Then my kid gets a broken bone, then your kid gets a broken bone. Except mine happen to the SAME kid! Well, I guess it you keep reading my blog, at least you'll find out what's coming next for your family...

Sara said...

I'm so sorry about the arm! Oh man. We haven't had any broken bones yet. And I hope we never do.

m = michelle said...

yeah, that pout's far from believable. She'll need to work on that if she wants to go anywhere as a teenager ;)

Molly said...

Sad broken arm... I am really slightly offended that I was never called to hang out with you and your sister! Sounds like you guys had a blast, can't wait to see her blog about it as I am sure it will be hillarious!

AZ Hey-mon said...

I hope all went well today at the Dr. office. The face is awesome a day later. I love it. And I am sure Kathleen is pretty ready for the glam life of mom of 3 w/ one on the way. LOL

Anonymous said...

Ah I love that face! After seeing my sneak preview of the AZ pics, I can hardly wait to see all the photos and hear more stories from your wonderful visit with Aunt Whoala!

Love you all and see you soon!

Meredith said...

Did you like Dr. Hrasky? Did you see Nina? That is who Kate goes to for her wonky feet. I like them well enough. Hope all went well!

Lisa said...

poor ellie. don't you know--the tylenol with codeine is for the parents!!!!

Chelsea said...

Ree ree ree reee reee reee reee reee reeee


Love, Carter
Muhahahahahaaa

Chelsea said...

On another note, I am glad you changed your background color. I wasn't smart enough to highlight it. I just squinted and got a headache :)

Unknown said...

Oh! Poor Ellie! How is she doing? I think she looks pretty sad in her picture. She did a good pretending job. I totally understand about being pregnant and not being able to wake up! It's hard!! Eh, we do our best, ya know ;D

Anonymous said...

she's even cute when she's suffering with being maimed. what a child!

Lisa Brown said...

So sorry about Ellie's arm, and that you had to say good bye to your sister. I miss my sisters too much!