layout

8/07/2007

Missing


In case you're wondering where I am. . . I'm reading. I finally gave into the whole "Twilight" mania once Harry Potter was done and digested. Of course it only resulted in a new obsession and I finished the first two books this weekend.

Today Nate and I tracked down to B&N and picked up "Eclipse." Nate go to play with the Thomas trains and I got to read, all the while being served samplers from the Starbucks cafe. When I went to check out, they had sold out already. It was a nice morning! I'm only 4 chapters in, though, and I know I'll be pretty much absent from the computer until it's done.

If anyone else wants a new obsession, coughcoughmichellecoughcough, you can borrow my books!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO YOU HAVE DESERTED OUR GRANDCHILDREN TO READ A BOOK???????? THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS PUT SOME PICTURES ONLINE SO WE DON'T MISS THEM!
WE WANT SADIE!!!!!
WE WANT NATE!!!!!
WE WANT ELLIE!!!!!!!

Ammon said...

What are these? Never heard of them? Please elaborate...

Lisa said...

yeah--don't know of your latest obsession. i'm guessing they are good though!!

Chelsea said...

That is so funny you gave into this crazy obsession. On Saturday night I went and got Twilight to see what this is all about. I too am addicted and need to go get the other books. I have them on hold at the bookstore for me! I can't wait. Twilight had the first chapter of New moon in the back....and I am dying to read more. I too will be logged off off for a few days....:)

Lisa Brown said...

So glad you have joined the ranks of us obsessed Twilight fans :). It is fun to pass on the love of a great story :).

PS. You need to go to her website and read the chapter she wrote from Edward's point of view - it's awesome!

Unknown said...

Okay, I have heard about this obession. I have not indulged yet, but maybe I need to. I've been so depressed since Harry Potter was finished. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

What a coinky-dink- I just got a coupon in my email box for Borders and they were advertising this series as "the replacement for Harry Potter". Is it a complete series with book 3 or are there more in the future?

Enjoy! :)

Maddy said...

OK, I am in shock that some of you don't know these books. It's all I've been hearing about for the last month from everyone I know.

They are books about vampires, which I know is sort of bizarre and weird, but it's a fun easy plot. I just loved them, which is weird since I went into it sure that I would hate them. By the third book there was a little too mush for me, but I'll still be buying the 4th book whenevr that decides to come out.

swampbaby said...

I knew you'd come over to the dark side.... ;-) I still haven't read Eclipse. Loved New Moon, though.