layout

8/27/2007

Happy national Chocloate Chip Cookie Day!


Yes, it is National Chocolate Chip Cookie day! This may be my favorite day EVER! But before I get to the good stuff, I'll fill you in on our weekend. Mainly because I know my family will want to see pictures of the kids, not because it was terribly exciting.

Friday we went with friends to Tumbleweed Park and then continued to sweat for the next 6 hours. For everyone reading this from AZ -- if you haven't been to Tumbleweed, you are missing out. It is such a great new park. The whole thing is themed and the big farm part/play structure is under shade. You can even dig for dinosaur bones. OK, back to the weekend. That night Dustin had his silly fantasy football draft and I dealt with Cranky McSassypants. That would be Sadie. She's getting a second tooth and she is not nice about it. See the look of crankiness on her face?

Saturday we had to cancel our Primary Activity because of rain and Ellie went to an Eloise birthday party. It was done really well. All of the girls wore black and white and the mom had pink boas for all 12 girls and funky glasses. They watched the movie and got their nails done and ate "tea." Super cute! Ellie's on the left in case you can't tell who that glamorous girl is.

That night we went to the Wright's so the boys could watch UFC, and I dragged Gina with me to Scrapbooks Etc so I could finally spend my Christmas gift from Michelle. Thanks Michelle! And thanks Gina for going with me and putting up with my AWESOME drive-thru skills on the way home. And of course thanks to our hubbies who pretended like they watched the children. It was so much fun hanging out with Jackson and Gina -- I love that girl!

Sunday was spent Visiting Teaching and in meetings and today I got to go volunteer at Ellie's school. It was fun to see what they do, but man this one kid had to stay in at recess and I felt so bad for him. I don't think I could teach Kindergarten because they're all so sweet! And speaking of breaking rules -- some of you may remember when Ellie got in trouble for talking in the bathroom and had to pull her stick. Well, apperntly there are excpetions to the no-bathroom talking rule. When Ellie went back to school after being sick a few weeks ago, she came home and told me how everyone was telling her they missed her and "some people didn't even raise their hands." Then she goes on, "And someone even told me in the bathroom, but Miss Kogel said it was OK to talk in the bathroom as long as it's a whisper and only if you're saying "I missed you.'"

After I got back from school, all the neighborhood kids came over for our Monday kid swap. We used up the water balloons I had blown up for Saturday's activity that never got used, played Red Light Green LIght, mother May I and of course we HAD to make cookies to celebrate the day. So here are all of my little helpers. You haven't cooked unless you've tried to fit 5 little hands on the hand mixer. I think we have the cutest kids in the world on our street!

Now go eat some chocolate chip cookies!!!!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I knew there was a reason we needed to go out tonight for dessert for FHE. It's a holiday! Thanks for the excuse! Cute pictures of the kids. And I really miss the Tumbleweed park. We loved it for the whole 2 weeks it was up when we lived there.

Janel said...

How funny to see pics from the playdate that I haven't even picked up from yet!!! LOL

We had to do UFC on Sunday nite because of the guys work schedules, so I didn't have anywhere cool to go and get away from it.

And of course CCcookie day is on the day I decide to get SERIOUS about eating clean! GRRRRR!

Ammon said...

Any excuse to eat cookies is a good enough excuse for me! Love to hear about your life in the fast lane!

Lisa said...

well you could taught the kids the gift of service and mailed the cookies up to me!! and that is so not a cranky face on sadie! she is one cutie patootie!

The Tyler's said...

I didn't know that day exsisted! Thanks for watching the kids. They had so much fun.

laura said...

wow! nat'l chocolate cookie day?? how did i miss this? can i have belated nat'l cc cookie day tomorrow? who makes this stuff up? ;)

that picture of the girls in their party outfits is adorable! how fun!

you sound so busy! your post made me tired! :) lol. and sadie might be a crankypants, but she sure is a cutie! :)

Casey said...

I wish we could participate on Monday's. I'm working Monday's now and Scott sees his trainer at 10-10:30 on Mondays so he wouldn't be able to watch the kids until 11 when it's his turn. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Cranky McSassyPants.........ROFLMAO......I am totally stealing that name for Cassidy. That's how she is in the afternoon's when she gets home from school! All day kindergarten is killing her! LOL