layout

8/17/2007

We miss Daddy!


Dustin's been in Colorado this week and we can't wait for him to get home tonight. I think I missed him the most last night at about 3 am. I had told Ellie that she could have a sleep over with me, but I forgot how much she talks in her sleep. So after one of her spurts at 2:47, I heard Nate up and moaning. He had caught Ellie's fever and was 103. I got him some medicine, but he decided to be awake for the next hour. So we sat in the living room. He didn't actually believe me when I said it was still night time and kept begging to watch TV, so finally I opened the blinds and he got it. After that he went right back to sleep.


Sadie has suddenly developed this adorable winking smile. She sort of scrunches up her nose and then closes one eye. It's a little goofy looking, but it makes me laugh every time. She's also cutting her first tooth. Being the mama's girl that she is, she may be the only one in the house who doesn't miss Daddy!

11 comments:

Ammon said...

Adorable wink... cracks me up!

Casey said...

Okay the picture of Dustin and Sadie could not be any more adorable!! I didn't know Dustin was gone, if you need ANYTHING let me know.

Chelsea said...

I love the wink! Sorry the sick bug is going rampid in your house. Ugh...
But on a happy note...I clicked on your "something you want" and saw the Acadia. We have one (Cody drives it) and I LOVE it. I wish it were mine. But I do love my jeep. The acadia has sooo much room. We took it to Dallas and it was so roomy. I couldn't believe all of the stuff we had in their and we still had space to go. I hope it becomes a "need" and then a "have" for you! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Hope Nate feels better - what a bummer about him being sick now and Dustin being gone.

Lily also talks in her sleep a ton too, which is why i can't have sleepovers with her - she wakes me up all night long. It is like she is processing her day in her sleep, because she is always saying crazy things like, "No austin, that's my toy!" Crazy kids!

Janel said...

I always miss Mark when he's gone, even though I hardly see him when he is IN town too! LOL Now I have him nailed down to a job he can't ever leave...MUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Unknown said...

Omigosh- how cute is that little winking smiley?

I hope Nate's feeling better and Sadie stays healthy for ya.

Kerry said...

yay for daddy being home!

I LOVE her new smile! That is adorable!!

Lisa said...

sadie is adorable!!! too bad she will grow up to be a little hellion!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Sadie and Nate are adorable! Such characters! But all of the wonderful kids in this family were born with terrific senses of humor! Remember after all -- Ellie is the funny cousin -- so they must get it from their mom! I'm pretty darn sure they will all grow up to be smart, engaging and perfect in every way!

Love ya! M's Mom

laura said...

oh man, those are some adorable children, maddy! :) hope ellie and nate are feeling much better this week.

Unknown said...

What?! I didn't learn to wink until I was 16! She is so so cute. Tell D-Rog that B-Gus misses him too.