layout

11/22/2007

Happy Thanksgiving -- with pictures

We started the day off with a bang -- at 1 am, Nate decided it was time to be awake for the morning. Dustin and I took turns for the next hour putting him back in his bed every ten minutes. When I got up this morning, I found his blanket in our room, so now I feel bad. Did the baby sitter forget to give it to him last night? Maybe he was just getting out of bed repeatedly to try and find it.

Last night Dustin and I went out to dinner and then down to walk around the new mall. I love it! It's all outside and all the store fronts are ready for Christmas, so it made me feel all holiday-y. On Tuesday I was out shopping with a girlfriend and Christmas music was playing. Ahhhhh, I love this time of year!

We went to the gym this morning to work off the calories we're sure to consume in a few hours and now we're watching the parade on TV. Our dinner assignment: fruit salad. We totally lucked out so we can take it easy today. What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Oh -- and I forgot my BIG accomplishment for the week! I made an article of clothing for my daughter. I made her one of those cute tulle ballerina skirts that everyone is making these days -- thanks for the tips Lara. It actually involved no sewing, since you just tie the tulle strips onto the elastic and I had Kate sew my elastic together for me, but hey! My daughter will be able to wear something that I made for her -- even if it was super easy, I'm not diminishing my achievement. Of course it had been finished for a whole ten seconds before I boxed it and wrapped it for Christmas, so you'll have to wait to see pictures of my mad skills!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Pictures from after the event:

Me trying to make my kids take a picture with me. Big old boogers!

Ellie and Kayleigh were inseparable.

Sadie when the food ran out. Or maybe she was just mad about the ASU game.

The actors in our little Thanksgiving play. Tanner is supposed to be an Indian, not Uncle Sam, and the girls were all "Pioneers." We tried to explain to them that Thanksgiving involves the Pilgrims, but I guess any P word was good enough.

8 comments:

Meredith said...

I heard about those tutu/skirts from Molly. She said she is having a crafty day with you next week.
For us, I spent last night and today making 5 pies and 3 dozen rolls. I am trying to make them all snot free...I have a terrible cold!! Steve was throwing up all night. We are quite a pair.

Work out today, yeah, right. We are still in jammies! Off to Dad and Debbie's at 4pm. THAT should be fun, especially since Molly and I kinda got in a fight with her yesterday.

Molly said...

Hey you nerd, I was planning on making those tutus with you on our craft day. You suck, seriously! Glad you got to work out this morning. I've been cleaning all day and it feels so good! Oh and making food of course for the big night!

Ammon said...

They actually don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, so we are celebrating it on Sunday--when I can get some help with kids while cooking!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
And, what tutus? I wanna make one!

Janel said...

Tutu's sound fun, I wish I still had a little tutu girl. Actually, she still might like one, but she might not admit it! :D

My Thanksgiving drama is now publicly documented. Whatevs.

Lisa said...

i can't wait to see the tutu!!! fruit salad--did you sing the wiggles song while dustin made it? LOL

Lisa Brown said...

I can't wait to see the skirt - how fun!

Holly said...

Fruit salad??? You really lucked out! Our food assignment was... turkey, stuffing, gravy, jello salad, veggie platter, and cheese balls with crackers! Yep! I actually added the salad, platter and cheese balls just for the fun of it all! What a YUMMY Thanksgiving it was!
Can't wait to see the pics of the tutu! How fun!

Ammon said...

Cute pictures! And, I can't tell you how happy I am to see that Ellie's hair isn't perfect all the time! :P