layout

11/06/2007

Slacker Blogger

OK, so I pretty much suck a blogging this week. Sorry about that! I thought it would die down once Halloween ended, but this weekend was crazy.

Friday was Ellie's school's Fall Festival. Dustin's flight got in late, so he met me up there and I'm so glad he showed up when he did because keeping track of the 3 kids in that chaos was hard! Nate's favorite booth was the huge blow up slide and Ellie loved dunking her teacher in the dunk tank. She also got to throw a pie in her face. They don't pay Kindergarten teachers enough. It was fun, and luckily we came home with MORE candy ;p

Saturday I had a Stake Primary thing in the morning, ran home and nursed Sadie and then back out for lunch with some girl friends. That night we also had a Ward dinner, so we made potatoes in in the afternoon.

The last few days have been spent preparing for CHRISTMAS! I know most people are still recovering from Halloween, but by NOON on Nov 1st, I had shopped the Target 5o% off sale and packed all of my Halloween goodies away in my orange rubber maid tubs.

I've been all over the world hunting down the last few toys for the kids, including a trip to the mall to visit Gymboree where I spent way too much on matching PJs. There was also Staples, Wal-Mart, GAP, Macy's, Children's Place, Target, Micheal's . . . Tomorrow should be the last of it, but I have to trek to IKEA for one last present for my little girl.

I would also like to rub in. . . I mean mention that I have addressed over half of my Christmas cards, wrapped most of my presents, and finished my shopping for pretty much everyone. So now I can enjoy the holiday season and just pick up those last few extras that I see along the way. And shop for my husband. That in itself is enough stress to fill the next month and a half.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Rub it in all you want. That is soooo impressive. I am uber jealous and really just trying to focus on what I am going to eat for breakfast tomorrow! :) Don't forget my Christmas card! :)

Ammon said...

I envy you so much! I'm a shop two weeks until Christmas kind of gal and I hate it!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I am jealous!! I am almost finished, but I need to get my cards ready. I usually mail them the day after Thanksgiving, and I haven't even picked a picture for them yet. Oh well. I'm still recovering from our vacation ;) - how long is that excuse valid?

swampbaby said...

You are such an overachiever!

Holly said...

That's a great idea to get it out of the way so you can enjoy the holiday! I'm out tomorrow to spend all our money:0) Do you have your Christmas lights up yet? We do!!! All our neighbors had theirs up, so we figure we'd join them! We'll post a pic soon!

Unknown said...

And this will be the last time I visit this blog till December 26th... :P

I kid. I've actually started shopping and wrapping, so I'm way ahead of the season- for me! Haven't thought about cards yet, so I need to come up with something.

I guess I'll give you a pat on the back, even though I expect nothing less from you. ;)

Anonymous said...

You exhaust me.
I'm just happy I got Halloween put away and staged my Christmas village. That's about it. Oh, I set up my gift wrapping room downstairs. That's it.

Maddy said...

OK, so i wanted to comment to some, but then I didn't want anyone coming back and being all ticked that I didn't say anything to them, so you all get stuff!

Chelsea-- Addressed and stuffed. I just need to write the letter.

Lynette-- It will be interesting to see what kind of stuff you get in chile for Christmas. I can't wait to see.

Lisa-- The day after Thanksgiving? Are you kidding me? I'm not that good. I'll have them all ready to go, but I'm a slacker at writing the letter.

Tara-- It takes one to know one

Holly-- No lights up! I actually may let Dustin off the hook this year. We'll see.

June -- A whole entire room devoted to wrapping? I am so jealous! Can I come over and use it??

Beth -- BITE ME! Please, like you aren't the Queen of being on top of stuff.

Anonymous said...

so it's my birthday and you couldn't put up a new picture of my grandkids! you are a slacker! love you! Maddy's Mom