layout

11/30/2007

Rainy Day


That would be Ellie's black eye. Last night Dustin was playing softball at a Quad-Stake thing and I had to be at Pack Meeting, so I left the kids to play with the other bazillion unsupervised kids at the playground by the fields and ran over to the Church. When I came back Ellie was sobbing and had this HUGE goose egg. I guess a child who shall remain nameless was swinging side to side on the swings and collided with Ellie on her swing.

After a minute or two of sympathy from me, she got over it and ran off with a friend from school, so no one feel too badly for her. I thought something would happen with all those kids, no parents and the swings, but I thought it would happen to Nate. Boys are suppose to have war wounds!

Luckily the bump was gone this morning, but it was still bad enough that I got questions every where I went -- including the doctor's office. I hope they don't call CPS on me!

Today has been rainy -- which is so nice in Arizona. If it does rain, it's usually only for an hour at most, so it's been fun to look outside at clouds all day.

According to Ellie, today was "the best day ever."
1. It was Friday so she didn't have to wear a collared shirt to school
2. She got to go out to lunch with mom and Nate -- I picked her up early from school so we do #3
3. She got a shot at the Doctor -- and she didn't even cry
4. The Doctor gave her a bracelet and a ring
5. We went for pedicures
6. We had hot chocolate for a snack
My girlfriend Michelle took me and our girls out for pedicures for my birthday. It was so much fun! Her little Abby really wanted a reindeer on her toes, but they were too little, so she ended up with a snowman. It is the tiniest snowman I have ever seen. Ellie got snowflakes and jewels. I loved spending time with my little girl when she should have been in school.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a fun day. Sorry about Ellie's battle wound. Poor thing! And I had to laugh about the picture of the girls' feet. Before I read you went with another little girl I thought, wow they both have the cutest TINY feet! I felt like I had ski boats for feet for a minute. And now that I am typing this I HOPE these are the girls feet!! :) Sounds like a better day in your neck of C-town than mine. I have what the boys got. No fun... And in response to your comment: where in the world is spell check on this comment box? I MUST know! ANd rhotovirus?!?! Poor baby! *And you!!* Talk to you later.

Ammon said...

Too cute! When I first saw the pic of the toes I was thinking, "Oh my gosh! Maddy has the smallest feet EVER!" Then I read on and I was relieved! Don't you love good days like these...

Meredith said...

We talked for like an hour on the phone tonight and you didn't tell me about your fun day? I let mine run around in the rain in flip flops - and I thought I was the cool mom! But, I have taken them for pedis before. Just time to do it again.

Kerry said...

Aww, poor Ellie! At least it kind of looks like eye shadow. Why do they always do something like that right before going to the doctor too?

Lisa Brown said...

Poor Ellie!! Although, the fun day you guys had together probably made up for it :).

swampbaby said...

Cute! Yeah, I don't get to get my kids out of school to go for pedicures.... You're such a fun mom!

Shauna-Lou said...

Poor Ellie ... give her a hug from me. Maybe Santa can send an extra gift for being so brave!