layout

11/02/2007

Update!

When I was little and my brother and I would fight, my mom would pull out her hymn book and start playing "Love at Home" and singing it at the top of her lungs. If you're not LDS the words go a little something like this:

There is beauty all around when there's love at home.
There is joy in every sound, when there's love at home.
Peace and plenty here abide, smiling sweet from every side
Time doth softly sweetly glide, when there's love at home

And then there's a chorus with more LOVE at HOME's, and two more verses. If you really want to hear it click here. To this day, I can't stand the song.

So last night my kids were driving me bonkers. Dustin is out of town and I couldn't just leave them there, although I wanted too. They were fighting and Ellie did a rendition of, "I'm dyyyyyying, " that could rival my childhood performance where I laid on the kitchen floor pretending to be dead while oozing bread out of my mouth. I decided that despite the urge to lock the all in the bathroom with the lights off, I would take a page from my mom's book and play the piano. So I pulled out the Children's Song Book, and you'll never guess what I found in my piano bench -- my address book! HOORAY! It's been found. Nate had obviously gotten a hold of it because the pages had green and blue scribbles all over them.

The kids survived the evening and I found the book after all. Even if I had pretty much gotten every address anyway. Oh well, now I have a back up copy!

10 comments:

Ammon said...

A moment of grace during a night of insanity! And, I can't believe YOUR beautiful children would EVER act up! :P

Holly said...

I had a day like that today!!! So much fun isn't it? By the way, I could totally see you in the "oozing bread" situation! So funny! And...Yeah for primary songs and your address book!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I totally understand that craziness. I am living it right now and also wish I could escape - even for just a minute.

PS. Your kids' costumes are adorable!

Chelsea said...

Ahhhh....I really am not a fan of that song for the same reason! I love the bread oozing out of your mouth story! Haha!
And as for the book: HURRAY!! But seriously, don't forget to mark me in the VIP section!

Maddy said...

Chelsea -- No worries, I tattooed your address on my butt ;D

Chelsea said...

The butt? I thought I was at least chest or arm worthy. Darn...

Lara Neves said...

Hee hee! My kids cry harder when I try to sing them stuff like that. But maybe that's the point, I don't know!

To answer your question about the tutus, I made them, but they are SO EASY! All you need to do is measure the elastic around her waist, sew it together and then tie strips of tulle all around really close together. It's best to use the tulle that comes in a spool so you don't have to actually cut the strips. Then just cut them all the same length (double how long you want the tutu to be) sit down in front of a good movie and start tying some double knots! Easy!

laura said...

i'm really envisioning the whole dying-with-bread-vomit look. :P

Anonymous said...

maddy and ellie have the same dying technique? i never would've believed it! :) lisa

Janel said...

I'm cracking up thinking of Maddy with her drama queen dying episode...I get that from Sadie now and again, how do we survive girls??? LOL