layout

11/28/2007

What we've been up to

When we weren't eating, we were actually busy doing things.

Sadie has been busy tearing the house apart. We already have 3 broken Christmas tree ornaments and yesterday she broke my biggest glass bowl. I cannot even keep up with her. I think my house is just going to be messy every once in awhile.
Went went to the Temple for FHE on Monday. It was nice and empty since I think I'm one of the few people feeling the Christmas spirit in November. The kids were actually old enough to sit still for all the presentations this year, so we did it all -- the concert, the Christus statue presentation, the movie. . . Nate was pretty upset that there was no popcorn.
Tuesday and Wednesday were craft days for me. Yesterday Molly came over and we ran up to Ribbons N Lace to get me started on some bows for Sadie. I actually bought a glue gun to make my own. She also helped me make these cute letter signs for the girls' room. It was a multi-step process which I have no patience for, so I appreciate her helping me out. Thanks Molly! Their room is going to be so cute once I get it all put together. . . and move Sadie in there.
Today I went over to Susan's and we worked on Super Saturday crafts we never finished and I got some letters painted for Nate's room and fixed some picture frames. I think I am kids-room crafted out!
And it is officially cold in Arizona. Well, only first thing in the morning, but that still means we get to pull out the comfy PJs for Sadie. See how cute she is all bundled up. I actually had to turn the heat on! It only comes on in the middle of the night, but it still counts as Winter -- right? Ellie even wore a coat to school one day this week!

13 comments:

Meredith said...

Your letters look super cute! I cannot wait to see how it all works out - it will be darling! I need to move my girl's letters to the correct room since they switched! I am working on another project for the girls room - I am building a window seat (got it mostly done today) with a cushion and pillows and stuff. We are going to freshen the green paint, it looks awful, do a giant bulletin board, and paint oversize flowers above the rail/trim near the ceiling. Hopefully it will all come together!

Holly said...

Ok...Arizona COLD??? Well, I guess when you live in such nice weather (for most of the year anyways), it's not easy getting used to the "cold". You make me laugh!
You are so good to have "craft days". How do you squeeze that it with 3 kiddos? I need some pointers! Your letters turned out super cute! How did ya make em? We still have Nothing on our walls, so I'm impressed that you're decorating the kid's rooms! You're so crafty I love it!

Ammon said...

Here in Chile we're heading into the beginning of summer and it sounds like our weather is the same!

Chelsea said...

Cute crafty letter and comfy jammies for Miss Sadie girl! I am loving the coldness here!

Lara Neves said...

Hey, it TOTALLY counts as winter. I'm so wishing I were having an Arizona winter right now. I miss living down there. :)

Sadie sounds just like Sophie. Totally into everything. I need like a leash or some sort of GPS device on her that sounds an alarm when she is getting into something she shouldn't.

Anonymous said...

hey--email me -- I don't have your email address...

pakaren@adelphia.net

LOVE those letters!!!

Lisa Brown said...

You have been busy, but it all sounds like fun stuff :). Sadie sounds like Derek. some kids are just so much more adventurous and curious than others, and so it means constant vigilance for us. This is why I don't like to take Derek to other people's houses - that way if he breaks things, at least they are mine :).

PS. Your list of things you ate made me so hungry! I really want to make Paula's Gooey Butter cake again . . .

Anonymous said...

Maddy -- where do you get all your energy from? Oh, it must be the sugar! See, it DOES serve a purpose!!
Your letters are too cute.
I LOVE the Christmas lights at the temple . . . well, okay, anywhere, but especially at the temple!
Kaelene

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures! Way to go on the letters.

The Tyler's said...

YOu all look so cute all bundled up at the Temple. I can't wait to go!
Way to go on all the crafts! I still need to finish my kids rooms, and now the playroom!!!
Yeah for being cold in AZ...I love it!

Casey said...

I just got your message yesterday, thanks for inviting us!!! I had to work Monday. Love all your pictures esp. Sadie under the sink!!

Unknown said...

I love the lights at the Mesa temple! When my sister lived there, we use to go every year. You guys are cute ;p

Kerry said...

I meant to ask you the other day when you said that Ellie was going to share her room with Sadie, "You mean Sadie doesn't have to live in the CLOSET!?!?!"

Your project turned out really cute!