layout

11/07/2007

My kiddos

Pictures for my mom in honor of her birthday!

Ellie had Dads and Donuts this morning. Thekinders learned some really cute songs and filled out little surveys about their dads. It was so cute. Here's her survey:

1. What is your father's name? Dusin
2. What do you call him? Daddy
3. How old is he? 31
4. How tall is he? 2o feet 1o inches
5. How much does he weigh? 1o pounds
6. What color is his hair? black
7. What's his favorite drink and snack? cok and presls coke and pretzels
8. What does he cook? hmbgrs
9. What is his favorite TV show? ftball
1o. What's his favorite thing to do with you? cudl cuddle
11. What does he like to do for fun? play
12. What does he do during the day? wrk
13. What's the one thing he says to you most often? I love you

Nate is the King of holidays. He just loves the decorations, the stores and the commercials. . . so the other day, we were asking Nate what he was going to get everyone for Christmas. He decided to get Ellie a "princess," me a "kiss," Dustin a "hug," and Sadie a "baby doll." I was telling my mom about it and she wanted me to ask him what he was going to get her. He was kind of in a pouty mood, but Ellie over heard and told me that she wanted to get Grandma jewelry for Christmas. So we're watching TV and some jewelery store commercial pops on and Nate sees the diamond earrings: "Looooook. I'm going to get that jewelry for Baba for Christmas."

Sadie is so sweet and so happy and SO.MUCH.TROUBLE! She loves our phone and she knows how to use it. For a long time, she enjoyed prank calling my friend Karen multiple times a day. I don't know how she managed to find her number over and over again, but I finally removed it form my caller ID. A few weeks ago, Sadie managed the horror of all horrors -- she called 911. I had heard of kids doing this, but I thought it was impossible. What are the odds? Like 1 in 729 IF you know to at least push numbers. There are at least 21 buttons on our phone, though, so the odds are probably closer to 1 in 9261. Toilet lids must always be closed, trash cans are off of the ground, the doors have to be completely shut or else she'll head butt them open and go wild. Nothing is safe. Her favorite spot in the house is Ellie's pink chair. She'll just sit there and rock herself in it forever. I find her there multiple time throughout the day. See below:


15 comments:

Lara Neves said...

1. Super cute kiddos!

2. Dustin is a STRING BEAN! :)

3. Your Sadie must be related to my Sophie. I have not had a child this busy before. I feel like I can't turn my back on her ever and she has every gadget in the house figured out. And, also, she loves the pink fluffy chair her big sister has. :)

Holly said...

Love the pics and Ellie's survey cracks me up! We understand the whole 911 thing...Bria dialed 911 just to "practice" one day.

Janel said...

Cooper dialed 911 a few weeks ago....I was so ticked!! I made him feel a bit worse than he probably should have. Oh well the cop that came over was nicer than I was about it! LOL

I love that baby stage where they are a human vacuum cleaner/tornado. Well, I guess I think its funny now that I don't have one of those!! :D I would love that chair too, its adorable!

Happy birthday, Maddy's mom!!

Ammon said...

My list:

1.Did a police officer show up at the house? How did you figure out Sadie dialed 911?

2.Don't you just love when your kids do surveys like that. Carly did one for Father's Day last year and they asked things like,What is your dad's favorite food? She answered: Chicken Nuggets. Or, What is your dad's favorite color? She answered: Pink.

3.That little pink chair is too cute! Where did you get it?

Maddy said...

Lynette- It went something like this:

I hear speaker phone come on and hear the phone dial. I look over and see Sadie with the phone. I run over and hang it up. Then I pushed the last number called button to see if she called someone I knew or some random number. There I see the numbers: 911111111111. Suddenly the phone starts ringing and caller ID says, "Out of Area." Yep, it was 911. "We received a hang up call from this number." So explained, they had me verify my address and name and such and then they let me go. Luckily no one had to come out or anything.

And I don't remember where we got the chair. It was Ellie's when she was little. I actually wanted something a little more simple, but you know little girls -- they love pink and flowers. The more the better!

Casey said...

My kids call my mom Baba too. So cute!! Love Ellie's survey!

Anonymous said...

I know this is wrong but I love that your kids suck their thumb. It's the most adorable thing. I know, cuz I had one too and $6K in braces later, I still think it's cute. Who knows, maybe she would have needed them anyway. That's what I tell myself.

The Tyler's said...

What cute kiddies!! I could just eat that Sadie girl in that pink chair! Thankfully my kids have not called 911....yet!
Oh ya, about your last post. You forgot two words.....toot toot!! You forgot to toot your horn along with it. You are too good. I have not even taken down my Halloween stuff yet!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the pictures! they really made my day! as i say everyday i am the wealthiest woman i know and feel like i already have at least six little jewels! thank you for a wonderful birthday! i love you all! baba!

Anonymous said...

mom is barf-alicious!

cute as always, madelyn!

love, lola

Chelsea said...

I LOVE Sadie's answers to her list. I think those make my day when I hear kids responses. Too funny about 911111111 call!
And I along with "molove" LOVE that the kids suck their thumb. I did for WAY too many years(9!!!) and it did cost a fortune to get rid of the overbite which I still have because docs said it was as good as it gets. So...perhaps it's not the easiest thing to get rid of, but sweet photo ops!! :)

Lisa said...

well as long as sadie doesn't know how to call the republican headquarters i think you will be ok!

jacque said...

Cute kids-such a family mold! I love reading the surveys that the kids do. It's so fun to see what goes on in their little minds!

Lisa Brown said...

I am so loving the Sadie stories. It is just comforting as a mother to know that your child is not the only one who wreaks havoc on the world :).

Unknown said...

Not only did I LOVE Ellie's survey about her Dad, but I love how she spelled the words. Wil did that too. It's like first they figure out the consonants, but the vowels are a little trickier. It's so fun, though!