layout

11/24/2007

What you've been waiting for!

I have some CRAZY friends and we have some crazy birthday traditions. Every year we decorate each other's lawns in some weird theme that is only hilarious to us, door bell ditch over the phone and then hide and watch the fun. The best part is seeing the pictures on their blog the next day and re-reading all the inside jokes. And since I'm sure my friends have been checking the blog all morning long. . . I won't make them wait any longer!

My theme: BINGO cards.

Of course they're not just bingo cards, they're in color and then mounted on card stock and the center square on each BINGO card is some sort of Christmas-y picture. Beth always goes above and beyond. Plus every single card has something written on it -- and there were a LOT! I also got some yummy treats, Christmas ornaments that match my tree-- which is up of course, and some Starbucks hot chocolate. YUM!

Some of my favorites can't go on the blog but here are a few I can share that will probably make no sense to the general public:
  • Bring snickerdoodles or don't come
  • Back back middle
  • But she's on a schedule
  • I start my Christmas countdown in January
  • I've only been driving for 3o minutes, so get out of the way!
  • Hillary in 'o8 -- and other political ones like Mormons for Hillary, Vote for Barak, he's cute
  • Am I 22 yet?
  • Thank you for having grass
  • I brake for everything because I'm a bleeding heart liberal
  • If Lisa could be here, she would be here
  • I raise neat freaks
  • Schedules are our friends
  • Should, I, use, a, comma, here?
  • I am officially out of sweaters now. Bring your own
  • MILFS drive Buicks

The best thing about having your birthday around a holiday is that the celebration lasts all week. Wednesday night Dustin took me out shopping and out to dinner and Friday was spent doing my favorite thing of all -- putting up Christmas decorations. stuffing my Christmas card letters, watching Elf, and all of my other favorite day-after-thanksgiving traditions. Plus the kids got me the best cards. Nate's was a Sleeping Beauty card and Ellie picked out a High School Musical card. Sadie loves to open and shut them so if I never hear Breaking Free again, I'll be happy. This morning I video chatted with my fam back East and Dustin made us all baked french toast. . . I think I've gained a zillion pounds between all the sweets and then all of the goodies friends brought by, and BYU won the game against Utah. Go Cougars. So all in all, turning 28 wasn't tooooo horrible.

17 comments:

Kat said...

How fun is that? I cannot believe all those cards! Can you say work?
Happy Birthday- Yesterday! Glad it wasn't on Thanksgiving this year?

Unknown said...

*muah*

Hmm... I noticed you didn't mention the significance of the bingo card... ;)

Kerry said...

Yeah, what does the bingo card mean? ;)

Happy day after your birthday!! I hope you had a great one!

The Tyler's said...

Sorry I am the worst friend, nieghbor, counselor, ect...I didn't even wish you a happy birthday! See, if you would have let us sing to you on Sun. I would have remembered!!
Hope you had a great one! Did you get something fun that is round????!!!!

Michelle said...

yeah, we pretty much rock. :)

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday Girlie!!!!

Ammon said...

Totally fun! And, I noticed your grass is still green and it's almost December!
...happy birthday!

Holly said...

How fun is that?!?!?! Love that tradition you have with your friends!!!

Maddy said...

Jill -- I wish! I think I have to wait for Mother's Day for that one.

Holly said...

And...DUHHH...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDY!

Anonymous said...

I had a blast poking your yard Maddy! Even tho I froze my ACE off!!!! LOL I'm going to miss this tradition of ours something fierce when I'm moved away to MS. Sniff. Sniff.

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Maddy!! Hope you had a fab one!! You and your friends are super creative and fun! What a cute tradition.

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm the worst with birthdays....sorry
Hope you had a great b-day! And DANG your 28 you look more like 18!!!!

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Maddy! Sorry I haven't called, but I will call you tomorrow! those Bingo cards are cute!

Lisa said...

those are some funnies! lol
i didn't see you mention the "massage" birthday present i heard about...tee hee

Kerry said...

OK.... I have to know what some of the other cards said!!!

UPDATE.

UPDATE.

UPDATE.

Shoot, I can't even sick Maddy on you to bug you about updating. ;)

Unknown said...

Wow! I love this tradition of yours!! How fun. Happy (late) birthday ;p You deserve a fun and awesome birthday, because you're awesome.

ps--I thought you said you didn't really like Hillary Clinton (he he...I'm just pulling your chain, honey:-)