layout

2/29/2008

TGIF

The title works well since I am excited it's Friday and also because. . .

Last night we had a send off for my girl friend Shanna at TGI Friday's. She's pregnant and was craving one of the desserts, so she got to pick. Anyway, I am SO dang bummed that she's moving. Shanna is one of the most amazing people you'll ever meet. She is so funny and AMAZINGLY talented/creative if you can't tell by her funny little good-bye gift. She's just great to hang out with and always throws the best parties. I will definitely miss her and baby Brody. Thanks for last night girls, and Shanna -- visit often.

Today was Dr. Seuss Day at school, so Ellie got to wear her PJs and bring her pillow to school. Always a fun day when they get to wear something other than red, white and blue. They had moms and dads come in all day and read Dr. Seuss books to the class, so I ran in in my PJs and red "Are You My Mother?" All I had to do was use some strange voices and the kids were like play-do in my hands. Sometimes I really miss teaching :( What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Nate has had an AWESOME Friday if you ask me, although he probably thinks it has been marred by nap time. Remember how I had to buy those Reeses Puffs because they had NASCAR on the front? Well inside the box was a matchbox car with the Cheerioes theme on. It was actually really cute and Nate loved it. He slept with it, ate with it. . basically carried the thing around everywhere. On the back it showed the 5 different types of cars you could collect and he kept telling us he was going to get them all. He was bordering on obsession. The only problem was, he was continually losing it everywhere he went. I was sick of searching for the dang car! One night he lost it before bed and cried himself to sleep, so Dustin ran to Fry's to see if he could find any more boxes of cereal with those cars inside. Couldn't find one box. Happily, I found the car in the middle of the night when he got up to use the bathroom.

Last night I finally took the kids back to Target to see if I could find any more. Checked the cereal aisle -- none. And trust me, I was digging through the boxes looking. Then I checked the end caps. Nada. Finally as we're about to check out, I see a display of cereal and I dig through it. There are SIX boxes of Cheerioes with the NASCAR promotion. I bought them all up.

This morning I opened the first one. Luckily the cars were outside the bag of cereal so I didn't have to dig through all the cereal to find the prize. First one has a Golden Grahams car. Open the second box -- Reeses Puffs car. Third box -- Fruity Cheerioes car. Fourth box -- Cinnamon Toast Crunch car. So basically in 5 boxes, I got all 5 cars. Does that ever happen? I am still in shock.

Am I the only mom in the world crazy enough to do this? Have you ever collected an entire series for your kids? Also, I have a lot of Cheerioes if anyone needs any.

So Nate's morning consisted of playing with his new cars, playgroup, lunch with friends at McD's and then he had his preliminary speech evaluation. Basically she didn't think he was that bad and may not qualify for anything until Kindergarten. It put my mind at ease a little bit more. Maybe he's not as bad as I thought.

And in 3 hours, date night begins! What are you plans for this sunny Friday?

12 comments:

Kerry said...

I always love the photos!! Ellie looks so pretty in her jammies!

That one of Nate is so cool! So BOY, and perfect that you got all 5 cars out of the 5 boxes! Man, you'll have to play McDonalds monopoly next time if you have that kind of luck!

Ammon said...

We're going to the beach tomorrow because Carly starts Kindergarten on Monday! TGIF!

Janel said...

That is crazy that you got all 5 cars like that! YAY! At least cheerios are healthy, right?? :D I do remember at some point going to McD's once a week during some movie/toy promo (Star wars watches or something) to get the certain ones everyone wanted. We are all suckers!! :D I'm so glad 2 of the 5 have officially outgrown the Happy Meal phase.

Plans tonight?? Ya right. Clean up, get in Jammies, fall asleep to TV on the couch in my room. I know I'm wild, don't try to stop me!

The Bullocks said...

You are such a good teacher. You're just so animated and fun I bet the kids loved you.
So you're just toying with my emotions by telling me it's 80 degrees out there. I am soooo jealous of you. Spring is such a hard time of year out here. When I was saying it was a sunny day out here I meant that is was 45 degrees. and next week it will be back to 20 degrees. you are so luck to be in Arizona right now.

Lara Neves said...

My kids love it when Cheerios have the books inside. So I buy all of them, but at least you can see which book is in which box. :) You are one lucky girl to get all the different ones like that! :)

Unknown said...

Cheerios Crack. We could start a new obsession. ;)

I have a ton of cars and track for you. I was just getting ready to pack 'em up to donate, but they are yours if you want them!

Lisa said...

yes--once brianne asked for a friend in every color. so i went collecting them for her. it took me a while but i finally did it. the things we do for our children! eventually i had to give the children back to their parents--i guess there's some law that says you can't take other people's kids.

Chelsea said...

You are the nicest/best/luckiest mom ever for the cheerios thing! How awesome! I was addicted like Janel to getting all the shrek toys from McDonalds. I had my MIL's help so it wasn't too bad. Sad thing is I chucked them all to make room for Christmas junk.

And I love the Dr. Suess day! How fun!! Pj's to school?! I am so jealous! :)

Kaelene said...

I can just imagine your frantic search for cereal cars -- you're a great/lucky mom!
Hey, and I like Beth's idea - let's put a healthy twist on crack!! :)

Michelle said...

That's crazy!!! 5 boxes and 5 Cars...someone's looking out for you girlfriend.

And I've made Crack with cheerios (one weekend day when i was joansin big time and HAD to have some but was much too lazy to go the grocery store. or shower) It's not good. I ate it all! of course. hahah but it's not the same. not even close.

Amy F. said...

Too cute! That book, "Are you my mother?", was my favorite! And you're not crazy for collecting toys for your kids. I loved it when my Mom would help us collect the toys from fast food chains, etc.

Lisa Brown said...

How awesome about the cars! Sometimes the Lord helps us out with silly things like that for our kids - call it a "tender mercy" :). And our favorite is "Horton Hears a Who."