layout

6/16/2008

Happy Father's Day


Sorry Ellie's off in Outer Darkness in this picture -- it was late and dark. We were so glad to have Dustin home for the day. As I was cooking and doing everything all day, there was a part of me that thought, "Uhhhh, I've been doing this all week. Maybe we can do Father's Day next week when I'm not so worn out," but in reality Dustin is such a great dad, I was happy to do it for him. We're so lucky to have him! I think I do a pretty good job singing his praises, so you all don't need to hear them again to know it's true.

I started off making an egg casserole for breakfast the night before. I mistakenly thought it would be more appropriate if one of the kids helped me make it.

Only child awake:
She wasn't all that helpful. She's suppose to be putting chunks of cream cheese in the casserole instead of finger painting.

Supposed to be in bed:
Back to my helper:

It was a good thing I took so many pictures the night before because I didn't really get around to very many on Sunday. The kids picked out some new running shoes for Dustin -- actually a few pairs so he could pick his favorite and Rock Band is coming next week.Can you see the running shoes in the corner? Sadie wanted to be the present. My other gift -- cooking all day. Talk about stress. Dustin thought he would be funny and play me all day. I asked him what he wanted for lunch. "I don't know. Whatever you want to make me." So I felt like making him leftover egg casserole. And of course spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

We love our Daddy!

And of course, thanks to our AMAZING Dads. I feel so lucky that they are both part of our lives and just amazing men. I know it is an inportant blessing to have a father in your life. Thanks Dad!

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

i think having a one year old help you with breakfast is one of your BETTER ideas! how did it even turn out? i feel that torn up bread breakfast recipes are a rogers trademark. the curlers in ellie's hair make me sad because she is too old! same with the earrings. also i think sadie is your fave right now and nate your least because he got HARDLY any face time on this post. i cannot believe you have THREE kids. that is a HUGE family!

love ya!

barterboutique said...

Is your little helper for hire? I'd let her play in my kitchen anytime! ? Hope you had a very happy day!

Chelsea said...

You are such a good mom to let the kids help. I am always telling them no! Hurray for Dustin to be home! Happy Father's day to him! And HUGE props go to you for cooking all day! We totally scored and someone invited us over for dinner! No cooking or dishes all day! He had to pour his own cereal in the am because I am that awesome. He has had 2 1/2 months of father's days! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing -- what a perfect end to a long monday! Love you guys! baba

laura said...

what a sweet post - i love sadie's contribution! :)

love the new blog look!

Lisa Brown said...

Fun times :). And yes, part of me always wonders why I thought it would be a good idea to let Lily and Derek help me in the kitchen.

Kerry said...

Whatever you want to make me." So I felt like making him leftover egg casserole.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh my gosh, that made me snort. Literally. THat was so funny!!!

Happy belated father's day to Dustin. Yeah, he's a keeper!

I miss you!

Lisa said...

i see pics of your kids cooking but not you--are you sure it wasn't dustin in the background doing the cooking? cuz it looks pretty good to have come from you! LOL