layout

6/04/2008

Oh yeah, it's summertime!

When we're not passed out like this:--yes, that is Nate who is now sick, but on the mend--
we've actually been having some fun!

For instance -- Ellie's last day of school! We actually missed the last two days because we were on vacation, so Ellie's last day was that cold, rainy Friday. Who would have thought that at the end of May in AZ, we'd be wearing sweaters!Ellie had the best teacher and the best class this year. I'm sure I'll feel the same way next year, but the anticipation is killing me just a little. We have to wait until the middle of July to find out who her teacher is. Plus, I feel kind of old having a first grader.

For our end of the year gift, we got her favorite teacher a bunch of her favorite gifts, and wrapped them in her favorite color. Stuff like her favorite candy, chocolate, drink. . . and then we bought Ellie's favorite book for her classroom library and Ellie wrote a little note in it. Something like: To Miss Kogel. My favorite teacher. You are a movie star. Love, Ellie. I found the cutest thank you cards at Target -- they say fun things like "You're a Rockstar."

Let's see what other fun things have we been doing:
*Nate had a play date with the cutest little girls ever.
*Nate and Ellie finally got to sleep on a couch bed
* Bounce U end of the year class party

*lots of swimming with lots of different friends

And now that Nate is recovering, we should be in for even more fun!

7 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Glad to see that you are on the mend :). I loved your teacher gift idea. For LIly's preschool teacher, we gave her a basket with a bookmark Lily made for her, a gift card to Barnes and Noble, and one of LIly's favorite books. The favorite book she picked was the Book of Mormon - pretty fun, since her teacher is not a member (What am I saying, nobody is a member in Savannah - he he!) The Elders had just given it to her at her B-day dinner and challenged her to give it to somebody. Is it sad when your five year old is better at sharing the gospel than you? Oh well. She can be my inspiration.

Holly said...

Did you really NEED sweaters? Really? I am just tired of the cold here! It's like 60 today and rainy...lame! We've had about 5 warm days...and it's JUNE! Come on Mother Nature!
You're so creative with teacher gifts! I'll have to remember that for next year.
Oh, and Bria totally remembers Ellie, and is sooo excited to see her again! I'll look for your email:)

Chelsea said...

Boo for sick kids! Cash just puked all his meals for the day up as we were eating dinner. Nice huh! I swear we can't get a break!

And I am TOTALLY sad about the preschool class. Carter should be in that class:( Good luck with the whole eval thing. I am glad that I did ours early despite other people saying to wait. It's the best thing we could have done!

barterboutique said...

SUMMERTIME! I'm so jealous! It's winter here and I'm freezing to death since our house has no AC/Heat. By the way, cute, cute, cute swimsuit for Ellie!

Stephen and Chelsea said...

Hey I would love more pictures of the kinder gang. I'm in the process of making Chandler's Kindergarten book. You can send them to me at school or home (snesko@qwest.net) Thanks and have a great summer!

Mike and Kimmy said...

I can't believe you had to wear sweaters in AZ at this time of year! Looks like you are already having lots of summer fun! I loved the cute and matching gifts for the teach. I never got a gift that nice. Probably because I always taught in the hood. You're kids are so adorable! I wish I could meet them in person!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're better! Strep is miserable. :(

It was great to catch up with all your adorable photos!