layout

6/22/2008

Keepin' it Real -- and a question

I'll start off with the question:

Has anyone been to Goblin Valley State Park in Utah? My parents are driving across country and are wondering if it is worth going out of their way for. I know there have to at least be some Utah girls who would know!


Cute Nate story:


Today at church, Nate got picked up to do something during singing time. You had to match Temples and on the back was a Primary song. Well Nate picked the Idaho Falls Temple -- where Dustin and I were married, so I'm guessing he recognized the Temple from pictures at home, and on the back was FREE CHOICE. So sweet Heather bends down asks Nate what his favorite song is. His reply: Thomas.

And now to the Keepin' it Real tag. Self professed WORST Tagee ever. I think Lisa tagged me 2 or 3 weeks ago and I'm getting around to it now. I'm also way too lazy to fill you in our weekend, so instead you get the tag.

Here's the directions: Take pictures of the following 10 things. But here's the catch -- no prepping, primping, or picking up. The point is to see how these things/items/people exist in real life. Take your camera and just go for it. So here goes . . .

1. My fridge
I am really obsessive about keeping things off the front of my fridge. The only thing allowed on there is a notepad with info for the babysitter. Of course the kids like to add things -- grrr. I also wipe it down 2-3 times a day. You can tell I did the lazy wipe down after dinner and didn't take the stuff off, just wiped around it all.

I clean and arrange the inside once a month. Other than that, I let it get messy because the person in there the most is Dustin and I can't complain about how neat the fridge is when he's the one doing all the cooking. Obviously, it's getting towards the end of the month -- time to clean it out.



2. A Closet
I thought it only fitting to take a picture of where Sadie sleeps. See those dresses to the right? Sadie has pulled those off their hangers into her crib multiple times. And the stack of pants gets pulled into the crib if she wakes up and gets bored before I make it in there. The bottom stack is a disaster because Sadie goes in there at least once a week and pulls all the clothes off the shelf. And she *does* have a crib, she just refuses to sleep in it. Apparently she likes the dark, quiet closet.

3. Kitchen sink
Just finished dishes. Wow. Exciting huh?

4. A toilet.
I love my apple green bathroom. Sigh.

5. My favorite shoes.
This artistic shot is courtesy of Ellie. My favorite shoes are probably any of my flip flops, but I am in love with these. One because they were so incredibly cheap -- like $1o or something ridiculous like that. And secondly, I actually can wear them with a ton of stuff and they make the outfit a little more fun. And now that you know what shoe size I wear, you can buy me shoes whenever you like :D

6. My favorite room
I picked Nate's room because of the bedrooms right now it's the least messy and being clean is my favorite.
For Christmas, Ellie drew pictures of trains and put them in frames for Nate's room. I thought it was so sweet and cute. We also stuck his train stubs in there.

7. What my kids are doing right now
Ellie dressed herself and Nate up like they were a Rock Band and they're rocking out. Nice Hair!Sadie is pulling all of Ellie's hair ribbons out of their tins and wrapping them around her neck. Right now she is saying "cheese" but she was saying "pretty" earlier. Ha ha! Dustin just walked into the bathroom as I was blogging and yelled, "WHAT HAPPENED IN HERE?" LIke he should be surprised it was Sadie.

8. Laundry pile
My laundry is pretty much all clean, but I do have a big old basket to fold.

9. Self Portrait
I actually have a whole montage of ridiculous photos. My kids wanted in on the action


1o. My Dream Vacation
I've actually been lucky to travel so many places -- so part of me thinks, I've already been there, and then part of me thinks, that place is so cool and I would love to go with Dustin. . . so I have a really hard time picking one dream vacation. I asked Dustin what his was, though, and I'll just steal that.Fiji!

So everyone, have at the tag if you like -- I won't pressure anyone in particular, but Chelsea and Nicole, I know how much you love tags. . .

17 comments:

Meredith said...

That Fiji picture is Dreami!! Can we go with you?!?!?

I often wonder if you have OCD.

Glad to know you aren't too mad at me for saying "Aunt Meredith said it was OK to change your earrings!" I am the devil, you know!

Kerry said...

Ah the infamous closet!! LOL!!!

That is a cool tag! I loved seeing the photos! OK, and you and I are exactly alike on the refrigerator thing! As much as I love my kid's creativity, I can't stand stuff on my fridge except for two photos in clear magnetic sleeves, and my real simple magnet list thingie.

When we got the second fridge in the laundry room, I turned that into the big deal art fridge!

I love your green bathroom too. I miss tinkling in there! Haha!

Cute self portraits too! Oh, and thank you for not tagging me on a photo one. That could be super scary right now.

Lara Neves said...

1. I have never even heard of Goblin Valley State Park. How sad is that?

2. I am so happy that there is another woman out there who happily lets her husband do all the cooking. :)

3. I love the cubby thing your fridge is in.

4. I loved this whole tag...I may just consider myself tagged, but of course I'll wait to do it on a day where everything is pristinely lovely. :)

Chelsea said...

Thanks for the tag! :)

Sign me up for the figi trip too. WOW!! Sooo pretty!

I love that Nate's favorite song was "Thomas." That is too cute.

Loved all your pictures too. I am rather shocked you put up your candid pics of yourself. Your tan is lookin mighty good!

Chelsea said...

GASP!!!!

Neither vain nor hideous! You and I know you are super cute. And seriously...your tan rocks. I may be related to Casper. You are just the one who always says how you hate pictures on here of you!!
But, if you think it's vain..."then you probably think this song is about you, don't you, don't you, don't you...." :)

Anonymous said...

Goblin Valley is VERY cool, well, now it would be very hot there.

Kaelene said...

I'm laughing at Chelsea's comment about Carly Simon's GREAT song!
Great self portraits! Love 'em! ♥

Rach said...

Your house is so clean!! I love your green apple bathroom too.

Holly said...

Haven't heard of the park...sorry.
You are going to have a rude awakening when you come to our house:) I think wiping down the fridge is a waste of time and completely over-rated, my dishes and laundry are never done, and there is no way in the world that any of our closets are clean...except for Micah's cuz he prefers all his clothes in his drawer. I can't get on top of my cleaning! Maybe I'll take on this tag for motivational purposes:) Can't wait to see you guys! So far, there will be 8 families here on the 5th! fun times!!!

Lisa said...

haven't heard of the park. you wipe your fridge down 2-3 times a day? i wipe mine 2-3 times a year!! LOL

Kathleen said...

i wish i could have called you yesterday but you forgot something very special. while your babysitter was celebrating birthday numero 8 and planning her baptism kyle was turning TWENTY FIVE!! we went to a water park all day but i will call you TODAY! love you! p.s. i can see ellie's rocker hair but how is nate a rock star? also, can i have you tan/pretty face??

Unknown said...

Holly and Lisa are making me feel much better about what my pictures would look like if I were home! ;)

Amy F. said...

That's so cute! I've been gone so much the past month that I had to play catch up all on your cute posts. I love the hair cutting, and the pic of the street party (don't you love how none of the little babies are with their own Mom).

Chelsea said...

I have had Fiji dreams since I saw this picture. I MUST go there one day!

The Bullocks said...

ok, so this is the honest truth, I am so handicap with computers so I've written your link and Holly's and a couple other peoples down for Ryan to add, he told me once that he did but it never showed up so now I need to write them down again, I just need to figure it out. so now I can only look at your blog if you leave a comment. I am going to try to get this on there again.
but ya I'm so excited to see you guys next week it will be so fun. and you look so tan. I'm so jealous of Arizona. (well I guess not in the summer) See ya soon.

Lisa Brown said...

Yea! I am so glad you did it, as it was so fun to read. I love the self portraits :).

Rickie said...

Your house is way to clean. I must say that I've implemented some of your techniques and they've helped me stay on top of things a bit better. I love the self-portraits and Sadie is just hillarious. Full of personality! (wonder where she gets that from)
P.s. we had so much fun the other day playing at your house.