layout

6/13/2008

I'm so Glad when Daddy Comes Home. . .

The kids are singing this in Sacrament on Sunday, and I'm excited because my kids will actually understand the joy a little bit better! It's not as exciting for Daddy to come home when it means he opens the office door and walks out -- the same as he does 2o other times during the day. BUT, it is exciting when Daddy comes home from a week long business trip to Philadelphia, and tonight is the night! We'll bundle up in our PJs and head to the airport. See how excited Sadie is:


While Daddy was gone, we made sure to keep ourselves extra busy so we wouldn't miss him so much. Some of the fun included:

*Playing with friendsI should take a picture of Nate's room after the last two weeks of play dates. AUGH! It's going to take me an hour to clean it.

*Swimming with TatenMy first time swimming alone with all 3 kids this year. It wasn't too bad until Nate decided to jump into me over and over again with no warning and Sadie fell off the bench and ended up with two big gashes on her head. I'm pretty sure Bonnie doesn't want to have any more kids after watching me with mine.

*More swimming
It's Arizona and it's summer. We swim a lot.

* Girl's Night Out with the Big Girls We took the big girls on a little shopping trip -- please note how Ellie dressed herself for the occasion. I love the necklaces worn as bracelets.
Dinner at CPK Then to Claire's to let the girls pick out earrings. I felt like we were there foreeeeever because Ellie kept telling me, "We need privacy. We want to pick our earrings in private."
Then to Children's Place to look for school appropriate clothes. We lucked out because they were marking everything down for their Monster Sale so we got some super cute shorts and lots of other steals. Including these fabulous glasses, which had to be tried on in the dressing room. They each took 6 or 7 pair back there and locked themselves in a changing room. More privacy issues, I guess.
After that it was to the candy store -- not my idea!!! Followed by Janie & Jack, Gap and then dessert.
The girls turned down Pizzokies for ice cream sundaes. Ellie didn't even eat hers. I think she was sick from all the candy she ate.

*New shoes I bought these for Sadie at the sale. $1.99. They're a size or two too big, but when she saw them she freaked out and insisted I put them on her right away. I could barely get her to slow down enough to take a picture of them. You can also see Sadie's newest obsession, Nate's PJs. She wants to wear them all the time.

And one last picture for all the Rogers' out there. I saw this on a car and had to stop and take a picture:

Todays plan: laundry, clean, gym, clean. Maybe I'll even feed them at some point. And naps! Definitely naps!!!

15 comments:

barterboutique said...

Ammon been out of town on a business trip too and in the words of Ellie, "I need privacy." I'm going crazy! Unfortunately it's winter here and there are no fun places to take the kids. {sigh}

Chelsea said...

Hurray for dad to come home! That made me laugh about the opening the door to the office thing. I so feel ya on that one! I can't wait for "normal" work days again!! Cute GNO pics of the big girls and their privacy. Too funny! And Sadie's sandals are cute. I love her little smile!

Rach said...

I like your blog template. I get bored with mine a lot too. Just the other day I was looking for a better background. Your girls night out sounded fun, Ashley and I will definitely be doing that when she gets older. Love Sadie's new shoes!!

Shauna-Lou said...

Now everyone can stop picking on Cheryl for spelling Darian's name "wrong" ...

Lara Neves said...

1. Love the new template. Very cute.

2. I took my 3 swimming alone last week. Really alone, with no friends or anybody and it wasn't easy, but also not as hard as I thought. Sorry about Sadie's gashes.

3. Love the children's Place! Blogged about it today, in fact, LOL! I got Sophie those same shoes last month. Too adorable to pass up (and I even paid full price....but that's only 2.50, so no big deal.)

Kathleen said...

darian looks like a girl! also you inspired me to change my blog template but it is not as CUTE as yours.

Meredith said...

Don't go acting like a trip to the candy store two 6 year olds is such a bad thing! You know the old saying..."just like a kid in a candy store!" Well, they need to go to a candy store every once in a while to know what that means! I SAID it was MY treat! And who picked the gummy strawberries for Ellie's bag? That was you, you goon!

Casey said...

Love Sadie's shoes! I'm WAY scared to take just my two swimming alone. Brady has no fear which scares me to death!

Unknown said...

Love the outfits for GNO! And Sadie's shoes are so stinkin' cute!

I love when Daddy comes home, too- it means Mommy gets a break! ;)

Holly said...

I think our summer is pretty much going to suck...reasons you ask??? Damon works 6 days a week... I refuse to take all 3 kids to a pool by myself (especially being pregnant)...I wouldn't take them to the water park cuz I'd be unable to go on any rides with them (basically it would be a waste of money)...and I need nap time:) You are so good to take them all to the pool!!! Maybe I should venture a little more:) Love your new template too! How do you change it??? And...yay for Dustin to be home! Happy weekend:)

Lisa said...

daddy needs to come home and give those kids some real food! LOL

i love sadie's shoes! so cute. i love when the girls go into dressing rooms and try on all their cute stuff!

Anonymous said...

I love my babies -- even if they aren't babies anymore! Ellie is so grown up and look at little miss fancy pants in her new shoes -- 17 months going on 16! And my tater man -- what a dude! I can't wait to hug you all and do a little slumber partying and atv-ing! Love you all! Baba!

Rickie said...

Miss Rogers, you have to be the totally hippest mom ever. How cool you take your Ellie plus a friend out for a night on the town. We need to have you guys over swimming. Daven is dying for a playmate. He told me the other day that he wants some thomas legos so that him and nate can play them together. It looks like you are enjoying life to the fullest, even when Dustin is out of town, which deserves huge compliments.

AZ Hey-mon said...

Ellie really does have that model thing in her. always strikin' a pose.

Lisa Brown said...

I can totally relate to how it can be with your husband away. It looks like you kept busy having lots of fun though :).