layout

6/18/2008

A lot of Lamb

In preparations for the Lambs moving, I've been trying to spend as much time with them as possible to the point that I'm so sick of them that I'm not sad they're moving. Not really, but we have seen a lot of them in the past few days. And unfortunately for me, I still like them.

Monday we got our hair cut. YES! Even Sadie. Although Dustin said he couldn't tell she had one because her sides still flared out.
The best part of getting the kids' haircut by Janel is that while one is in the chair, the other kids are totally entertained.OK, so Jaime's not a Lamb, but there are always extra kids at the Lamb house -- another great reason to love them. And Jamie spent hours making jewelry with Ellie. See her necklace and bracelet? Janel and I even got some earrings. Don't worry, that is Nate pre-haircut, in case you were doubting Janel's hair skills.Nate really hates getting his hair cut. He always insists that it hurts. And he kept trying to wipe his face off, and ended up with a ton of hair in his mouth.

Monday night we had a little good-bye party on our street. It wasn't even that bad outside in the shade. Well, maybe Nate was a little hot.Dustin took this picture.Right before Noah turned the sprinklers on.

Yesterday all the moms got together and took the kids swimming at a neighbor's house. The house is actually up for sale, but they said we could go swimming anyway. Well right as Jill was about to nurse Ronan, we realize someone is walking through the house. Oh well, great way to meet the possible neighbors, right?

And a big thank you to the Lambs for the My Little Ponies. I got rid of Ellie's years ago not knowing that Sadie would be obsessed with them. To the point that if Nate or Ellie touches one, she starts screaming. So we love our hand-me down ponies!

My older two are off at play dates, Sadie is napping and I'm off to the glamorous job of folding laundry. Don't be too jealous.

17 comments:

Chelsea said...

I want me some Lamb time! That is hilarious that someone came through the house. Too funny! You guys really do have the best street.
And I am glad to know that it's just not my kid who screams if anyone else comes anywhere near the toy they are playing with.
Have fun doing laundry. I just got doing my last darks load. The white are going to have to wait till tomorrow!

The Tyler's said...

The party was so fun..I can't wait to do it again! I don't like that we all look distorted in that picture that Dustin took. Ha!
I'm doing laundry all day today also..oh the life of a Mom!

Lara Neves said...

When I was little, my best friend across the street was named Janel Lamb. And she did not spell it Janelle. And I was so sad when she moved in 6th grade.

So I totally relate to this pots.

:)

Sara said...

Do new friends move in to replace the ones that are constantly moving away? I hope so. Maybe someday I could move in. That would be fun.

Janel said...

Maddy this is such a fun post! You are too cute. What the heck am I going to do when I need to try to borrow butter or I need emergency hot dogs or a ride to Enrichment?? Probably just cry because I'll feel so lonely!! :( That party was SO fun, we really loved it.

And luckily Mark ran into the people who came through the house and warned them that we were back there and made friends with them, so they weren't all freaked out that we were swimming. Whew!

Kathleen said...

thank goodness there will be one less sadie on your street!

Lisa said...

i need a nap just reading your summer posts!!! where's my VOTE FOR OBAMA post!!! :)

Kaelene said...

I love how you make every post so fun! I love all the photos!

AZ Hey-mon said...

looks like Nate needs to learn "say no to crack" That picture is awesome. I hate having great neighbors move. So sad.

Meredith said...

my girls would kill me if I got rid of ponies. You must be the meanest mom in the world! Thank heavens for hand-me-down ponies!

Rickie said...

Looks like so much fun. People need to stop moving! I had to laugh at the Nate haircut story. Daven and Logan always have to have their sucker first, so they try to eat it during the haircut. Yuck. Always lots of hair in the mouth. But, the cuts are super cute. Wish they would last, right? Glad you guys came today...that was really fun.

Unknown said...

Hey Maddy! I love that picture of Nate and his *crack*! he he. I also love your new background ;D Are you guys going to the Union Square Reunion? We aren't going to make it. Gas is tooooo expensive!

laura said...

looks like you have a great neighborhood! sorry your friends are moving away.

Kerry said...

Wow, you didn't spend that much time with me before I left. Sniff sniff... ;) I just miss you.

Wow, that is a lot of kids! It looks like you all are having a good summer! The kids look busy, which helps it go by. (I love the Nate butt crack photo!)

Ellie looks like such a little GIRL now. There is no turning back! She's so pretty!

And man has Sadie gotten big! Does she do any new tricks?

ASHLEY said...

Even though I don't know your neighbors and friends I love reading your blogs. HAHA. is that weird? also I lvoed this post ebcause of all the pictures!!! your family is still ridiculously way too cute! save some adorableness for the rest of us! :)

ASHLEY said...

PS I will have to send sadie some of my old ponies!

Lisa Brown said...

Love the picture of Nate - so funny! And how sad that your friends are moving. Being in the Army, we have to do that too often, and it never gets easier.