layout

3/08/2007

Countdown

The anticipation is killing me! Rations are running slim, excitement is high. . . so close and yet so far. We're down to our last half gallon of milk, the last 20 diapers, the last few cookies. . . I think we may survive without a single trip to the store.



So I tried to catch Sadie smiling the other day while she was in her swing. It resulted in a bunch of strange faces, but you get the picture. She's much cuter in person of course.

Yesterday Ellie went to girl school with all of her buddies, got to stay at Lexie's to play longer and for lunch, then Lexie's mom took them to Ikea and out for treats. . . she came home and went on a bike ride with all the neighborhood kids, then all the Lamb boys ended up over here to play (who knew boys would want to play doll house so badly). . .finally sent them all home in time to take the kids to Molly's for dinner where Ellie got to play with Lindsay, Caroline and Hayden. So we're in the car riding home at 8:30 at night and Ellie asks if I'll play barbies with her when we get home. I told her it was time for bed when we got home to which she replied, "BED? It's so BORING! I never get to have any fun." WAHHHHHHH? I feel like I'm taking CRAZY pills (guess the movie quote).

And Nate once again has a split lip. I love my boy! He thinks he is very grown up now and can run wild with all the neighborhood boys (our street has 12 boys and only 5 girls -- 3 of which are named Sadie, I kid you not). Yesterday I was dropping him off at a neighbors -- he hopped out of the car, blew me a kiss, yelled "Bye mama," pushed me into the car and ran to the door. Sniff sniff. Where did my baby go? I guess I have a new one now, but you'd think he could at least want me to walk him to the door.

And have you ever noticed that I am the queen of tangents? OK, I need to actually FEED Ellie before I send her to school and the blackberry isn't going to do it for me (yes, the blackberry came and you wouldn't believe the quality of food we've been eating ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blackberry brought you food?? OH MY GOSH! Those things are magic!!

I love the story about Nate. He is getting so big. When did that happen? That is also funny about the three Sadie's on your street!

Anonymous said...

picture two... i love you! those stories are seriously crack ups! especially because i can hear ellie calling bed boring! i love you tons! <3 lola

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of Sadie's expressions :)!

Unknown said...

In picture 2, you can almost get an idea of what she's going to look like as an adult.

What a cutie-pie!