layout

3/15/2007

Stop bugging me mom


I haven't taken any pictures of the kids lately, so you "get what you get and you don't throw a fit." I will pacify my mom and post what I have since she's all alone and keeps calling asking for pictures. My sister is off in Egypt for spring break and my dad is down under so she's stuck at home -- all alone. She doesn't even have Tivo. Sorry mom -- now you know who loves you best ;)! Sadie in the bath -- yes, she has Dustin's ears. It's a good thing she's a girl because we can cover them with long hair. Of course, I'm her mom so I think they're adorable, but I realize the rest of the world may not. People say she looks just like Ellie, but I don't see it. In the future, I'll have to put up some pictures comparing them and we can play a little guessing game.

When Dustin went to Germany, he also took a little trip to Rome for the weekend (how come I'm the only one in my family NOT going anywhere exotic this month?) and brought the kids back these very cool shirts. Ellie specifically requested the "Shella Bella" (as she calls it) shirt since she grew out of the one my sister got her last summer. Nate's is a soccer jersey with "Totti" across the back. I was telling Dustin that there probably wasn't even a player named Totti and the Italian street vendors were laughing at all the tourists. "Look what the dumb American bought! They don't even know what it means. They'll buy anything." And that Totti was probably some swear word. I say this only because I have a vivid memory of my childhood in Asian and remembering all the strange sayings people wore around with no clue what it meant. They just wanted something in English. I am happy to report, after some googling, that Totti is the Captain of the Roma Soccer Club. PHEW!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow.....I can usually get away with only checking on ya once a week.....you've been busy blogging! Woooo hooo! Love the boogers and bows! ROFLMAO!!! ANd congrats on surviving without your hunny. That's a HUUUUUUUUUUGE accomplishment dearest Maddy! Mwah!

Lisa said...

i hope i get an italian shirt when my son gets home. or shoes, or clothes--i'm not picky!! that is funny though about the names--someone should market a shirt that says "i'm stupid--i bought a shirt that i don't know what it means" in any language!! ha ha

btw--totti sounds like it should be a gelato flavor!

Lisa Brown said...

I love the part about the shirt! OUr good friends who are living in Japan sent us some shirts for Derek, and they say strange things in English like "A Shape is Terribly Good" or "Idaho Departure" - pretty fun.